Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2016 12:47:11 PM EDT
The only description they have is a roughly 20 yo native male in carharts.

Computer is unplugged for the move so I can't post the video and stuff. . Will try to set it up later today.

Edit: officer passed in surgery from complications.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Hoping he resists arrest when they find him.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Got him.

Anthony George Jenkins-Alexie was taken into custody Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2016 and charged with attempted murder in the first degree in the shooting of Fairbanks police officer Allen Brandt. (Fairbanks Police Department)

http://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-courts/2016/10/18/fairbanks-police-arrest-man-suspected-of-shooting-officer-sunday-morning/
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:07:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got him.

Anthony George Jenkins-Alexie was taken into custody Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2016 and charged with attempted murder in the first degree in the shooting of Fairbanks police officer Allen Brandt. (Fairbanks Police Department)

https://beta.adn.com/resizer/v5B6-CFsLGcOX-jgOQgQ6Mbe1Sg=/600x0/s3.amazonaws.com/arc-wordpress-client-uploads/adn/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/18152857/Jenkins-3x2.jpg?token=bar

http://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-courts/2016/10/18/fairbanks-police-arrest-man-suspected-of-shooting-officer-sunday-morning/
View Quote

Clearly he's a fuckin winner.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Cop went to the same high school i did in Michigan.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Edited
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Officer passed due to complications in surgery.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#12]
How horrible....  Prayers for the family!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Dammit!

Throw the sumbitch that shot him in a deep crevasse- naked- and toss in a gut pile to attract a few critters.

Prayers out to the officer's family- we share a family name.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish this state had the death penalty.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#15]
They just added a murder 1 and 2x murder 2 charges as well as the tack on for the victim being an officer. Looking at 99 years for those alone.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They just added a murder 1 and 2x murder 2 charges as well as the tack on for the victim being an officer. Looking at 99 years for those alone.
View Quote

He'll plead down to 1st degree jaywalking and get off with a fine.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Name removed but the point remains.

29 mins ·
Today I heard something I will never forget.
Sgt Brandt was brought home to Fairbanks today. A few members of FPD and Sgt Brandts young son accompanied him on the flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks. His wife Natasha, their other 3 children, and family members waited at the airport for their arrival. As we sat at our desks in the dispatch center, a child's voice came over the Main police dispatch channel..."Mom, we're flying over Mt McKinley! We'll be home soon!!!"...to hear this brave little boys voice...I can't even find the words to describe all the emotions. It's a moment I will never forget.

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Not me but some good news from Facebook.

It has been a tough week down at the City of Fairbanks. The loss of Sgt. Brandt has been excruciating. This morning, at our 7:00 am Finance Committee meeting, the City of Fairbanks budgeted to pay all costs associated with health care for 2016 for Sgt. Brandt's family and will be budgeting to pay health care costs in 2017 annual budgets (which we are working on now) and 2018. Fairbanks Memorial Hospital has stepped in and will not charge for any co-pays needed for future services. Big thanks to FMH. We also funded the costs associated with the transportation, care, services, etc. of Sgt. Brandt. Such a horrific and sudden loss for an officer who addressed us at our last Council meeting. His Memorial Service will be Sunday at the Carlson Center. I am proud and honored to be part of a City that just steps up and does the right thing, at a moments notice. With no questions. Certain things you just got to do. So proud to be a member of the Fairbanks City Council.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:39:06 AM EDT
[#19]
I haven't managed to find footage of the Fairbanks procession on youtube yet, so here's the Anchorage one.

https://www.adn.com/visual/photos/2016/11/01/body-of-fairbanks-police-officer-shot-in-the-line-of-duty-returns-home/
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 1:19:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It has been a tough week down at the City of Fairbanks. The loss of Sgt. Brandt has been excruciating. This morning, at our 7:00 am Finance Committee meeting, the City of Fairbanks budgeted to pay all costs associated with health care for 2016 for Sgt. Brandt's family and will be budgeting to pay health care costs in 2017 annual budgets (which we are working on now) and 2018. Fairbanks Memorial Hospital has stepped in and will not charge for any co-pays needed for future services. Big thanks to FMH. We also funded the costs associated with the transportation, care, services, etc. of Sgt. Brandt. Such a horrific and sudden loss for an officer who addressed us at our last Council meeting. His Memorial Service will be Sunday at the Carlson Center. I am proud and honored to be part of a City that just steps up and does the right thing, at a moments notice. With no questions. Certain things you just got to do. So proud to be a member of the Fairbanks City Council.
View Quote

That is awesome I am truly happy the city council did this.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 3:35:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Me too

Pat, are you coming up for the funeral
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is awesome I am truly happy the city council did this.

Me too

Pat, are you coming up for the funeral

Sorry I can't we are short handed but our chief is.
Pat
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I went to college with him, when I saw his photo it took me back to the dorms. We hung out a few times, he was pretty good at "You don't know jack". I hope his family is ok.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Sgt. Brandt's funeral was today in Fairbanks.  I wasn't able to attend, but I know a couple members here did make it.  Rest well officer.  
Below info copypasted because I've been asked for it.

Donations for the Brandt family can be given in a few ways. Checks can be sent to the Fairbanks Police Department at 911 Cushman Street in Fairbanks. A deposit can be made at Wells Fargo to account 6050913067,  FPD confirmed. Online, donations can be given through a YouCaring account set up by the FPD Employees Association.

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I flew up last night and attended today before flying back down this evening.  The last time I was up in Fairbanks was for the other services a couple of years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top