Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2016 11:52:59 AM EDT

saw this today on Western Rifle Shooters:

When the Feds Ignore Fed (and Alaska) Law

an area bigger than 45 of the 50 states? why isn't AK GOV screaming from the rooftops on this?

what's going on, Brothers?

anybody got straight dope on this?
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Basically Gov. Walker is an asshat.  He's dealing behind the scenes trying to setup the stuff he wants, for example the gas line that would need the approval of the agencies that just took over management of those areas.  Or my personal favorite from this week, trying to get the PFD corp. to buy a billion of debt from the state so he still gets the money without capping PFD's.

Long story short, the state government is fucked and unwilling to cut where it needs to cut, other cuts won't be enough, so the whole situation is fucked.

Oh and the other thing from this is that (and I'm probably butchering it) was that the state lawyers said nobody was harmed by the takeover, so there was no basis for an injunction, despite it being illegal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Not saying I agree, but the article is very simplistic overview of the issue.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It pains me to hear this.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Basically Gov. Walker is an asshat.  He's dealing behind the scenes trying to setup the stuff he wants, for example the gas line that would need the approval of the agencies that just took over management of those areas.  Or my personal favorite from this week, trying to get the PFD corp. to buy a billion of debt from the state so he still gets the money without capping PFD's.

Long story short, the state government is fucked and unwilling to cut where it needs to cut, other cuts won't be enough, so the whole situation is fucked.

Oh and the other thing from this is that (and I'm probably butchering it) was that the state lawyers said nobody was harmed by the takeover, so there was no basis for an injunction, despite it being illegal.
View Quote
Walker and his gas line.  Natural gas prices are rock-bottom.  The Lower 48 has so much NG they can't store it.  The middle east can ship it from ports to Asia.  But this idiot thinks it makes sense to build a $20 billion pipeline to export gas from the north slope.  Not only that he hires these consultant buddies of his at $900,000 a year during a budget crisis to work on his hopeless dream.

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Or my personal favorite from this week, trying to get the PFD corp. to buy a billion of debt from the state so he still gets the money without capping PFD's.

View Quote
One of the guiding principles of the PF is not to get involved with Alaska-based businesses but to chase real actual returns from investments, which will mostly be outside Alaska.

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One of the guiding principles of the PF is not to get involved with Alaska-based businesses but to chase real actual returns from investments, which will mostly be outside Alaska.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or my personal favorite from this week, trying to get the PFD corp. to buy a billion of debt from the state so he still gets the money without capping PFD's.

They had talked about having people buy debt from the PF corp. on a voluntary basis to offset the state balances.  Well, until someone pointed out it would be illegal and violation of SEC rules since it would be a bond.  My money is on those idiots trying anyhow.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:38:00 AM EDT
[#7]
So all the 77 mil acres was the state land? some private? now its all magically closed to hunting and fishing forever? what about other fed land? Is all fed land usually closed to hunting?

Seems like a play to eliminate hunting.

Court- You can't have hunting firearms because there is not any legal area to hunt. Because we banned every area to hunt. Could be there logic to eliminate rifles and hunting in 50 years.

You can't have solid bullets because they are armor piercing and you can't have lead because we banned that for hunting, NEXT you can't have hollow points or copper, or bi metal or ballistic tips.(sounds scary nobody needs ballistic tip ammo)

Will we all have to get our ballistic tips registered?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top