Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 1:12:30 PM EDT
I'm stuck here for a few days because Penair is fucking useless.  I flew in to do a thirty minute job yesterday and now have a flight booked back to ANC on thursday night.  I know all about the bad weather excuse, but its only a bit cloudy here.  Even the ladies at the counter have no idea whats going on, I've landed here in way worse conditions.

I've really glad I got a rental truck when I landed, because I was sure I was going to be sleeping in it last night until I got a call around 10pm that there was a room available for me.

I know about the chart room buffet tonight already, had it many times
I've checked out the old church, but is there anywhere to go exploring?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, lots of WWII relics all over.  Start walking in any direction.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Climb bunker hill if you have a few hours. Lots of cool stuff up there.

Go up Ballyhoo if you have all day.

The museum by the airport is nice too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
if you drive out to captains bay there is a small creek FULL of pinks that arent too zombied out, you can likely fish(um snag) to your hearts content if you got a pole. there is a wild horse herd on the island but you gotta drive a ways to go see them, thy goy set loose back in 45 when the army air corps left.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Went up bunker hill, saw some cool shit.  Got divebombed by a fucking eagle, scared the shit out of me

Made it out friday.  Next time I get stuck there, I'll look for the wild horses, that sounds neat.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top