Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2016 7:00:10 PM EDT
Just heard a radio ad for Clarksville/Nashville TN for a Fairbanks Police Department recruiter coming to town. What's up with that?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, in a bad way

They are down 9+ officers right now and have several who are eligible to retire.  Off the top of my head, I can think of three who are hanging it up before spring.

View Quote

Barnett still hanging around? He was a neighbor when we were living up off Gold Mine Trl building Trooper Schoenburgs cabin.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:17:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I would not want to work there. Even though they pay pretty well on the face of things the council has made the officers have to pay for most of their health insurance so that is a $800 cut out of their pay after taxes. A lot of the guys are talking about retiring early at 20 years vs 25 because they are having to pay almost as much for insurance as they would if they just retired and took the state health coverage for $800 a month. Screwed up city council there. Always have been. Super anti employee.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Barnett still hanging around? He was a neighbor when we were living up off Gold Mine Trl building Trooper Schoenburgs cabin.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, in a bad way

They are down 9+ officers right now and have several who are eligible to retire.  Off the top of my head, I can think of three who are hanging it up before spring.

9 officers for a city of 30k? 24/7 coverage from that means 3 officers per 8 hour shift and mandatory OT for 2 8 hour shifts EVERY week. IF nobody gets sick, gets hurt,  retires, has vacation time, ect.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

9 officers for a city of 30k? 24/7 coverage from that means 3 officers per 8 hour shift and mandatory OT for 2 8 hour shifts EVERY week. IF nobody gets sick, gets hurt,  retires, has vacation time, ect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, in a bad way

Im thinking he means they are down 9+, not down to 9+.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, in a bad way

What house did you live in? He's still working there, trying to survive for the next three years till retirement. All of the officers left for multiple reasons but the main common denominator is the chief and mayor. They are making working there a living hell. It's also extremely hard to find decent help. Every single recruit has dropped out for being either retarded or a total pussy. They literally cannot find good officers.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:56:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What house did you live in? He's still working there, trying to survive for the next three years till retirement. All of the officers left for multiple reasons but the main common denominator is the chief and mayor. They are making working there a living hell. It's also extremely hard to find decent help. Every single recruit has dropped out for being either retarded or a total pussy. They literally cannot find good officers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, in a bad way

We lived in the basement of the giant ass cabin that dad was helping Schoenburg build across the cul-de-sac on Dredegview. His daughter and I rode the bus together going to Lathrop.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, in a bad way

You not going to get good help with that low of pay. (pay minus 900 in insurance payments)
Pat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top