Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2016 2:24:11 AM EDT
What a jackass.  Yes, the State needs to figure out how to fix it's damn budget, but this isn't the way to do it.  Same goes for the special session where nothing was done to the tune of ~$150,000.  Isn't the DNR supposed to be his advisory?

Shame we can't just vote a pay cut for those chucklefucks.

Governor Walker Appoints Oil and Gas Advisor
July 18, 2016
Press Release: 16-066

ANCHORAGE—Governor Bill Walker today announced the appointment of John Hendrix as his chief oil and gas advisor, a newly created Cabinet-level position. Prior to this appointment, Mr. Hendrix worked as General Manager of Apache Alaska. His extensive oil and gas background includes work as a consultant to industry managing directors, oil ministers and the World Bank.

“As Alaska navigates this new reality of low oil prices and production, the industry itself is grappling with ways to innovate amidst this economic downturn,” Governor Walker said. “I am pleased that John Hendrix will join my team to help steer the conversation between the State and the industry so the relationship is mutually beneficial. Given John’s nearly four decades of oil and gas experience, his insight is much needed and respected.”

http://gov.alaska.gov/newsroom/2016/07/governor-walker-appoints-oil-and-gas-advisor/

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:27:38 AM EDT
[#1]
The legislature didn't let Murkowski get away with half the stuff Walker is getting away with.  This time, there is less than NO money to play with.

Ah, the same John Hendrix who used to be our next door neighbor in Homer.  He was several years older than me, and I thought he was growing up to be a real delinquent.  He seems to have turned out OK.

I don't recall him being mean to little kids, just rough around the edges.  We parted ways when the state built the spit bypass through our neighborhood back in the early 70's.

I remember him shooting birds with a BB gun wrist rocket and his sister getting really upset, saying she was going to cook any more he killed for his dinners.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The legislature has already started hinting that they need a pay increase as well (I am looking for the article as the source)

Their "base pay" is right around 50K
When you add all of the tax free per diem, its over 80K

He suggested a base in the 100K range
View Quote

They don't need one if they are trying to freeze the pay of all the state employees. Freaking politicians.
Pat
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:50:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They don't need one period
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The legislature has already started hinting that they need a pay increase as well (I am looking for the article as the source)

Their "base pay" is right around 50K
When you add all of the tax free per diem, its over 80K

He suggested a base in the 100K range

They don't need one if they are trying to freeze the pay of all the state employees. Freaking politicians.
Pat

They don't need one period

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:32:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Typical politician, lets throw more money at the problem and see if it fixes itself ......

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:23:00 AM EDT
[#7]
He is just keeping his cards close to his chest about his gas-line plans.  There is no other reason for him to keep hiring guys like this.  He thinks the gas-line is the way out for Alaska's economy, and he is going full steam ahead behind the scenes.  Its just not in the media...

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#8]
All of this is just the tip in the ice berg!  More pork going to those that supported him for the election.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Walker really loves hiring these extravagantly compensated consultants, despite no results.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top