Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2016 10:42:56 PM EDT
Green Toyota FJ. Not to be confused with my Yellow FJ with a BFL on it . I was driving a Uhaul on 4th Last night in Anchorage and saw it.

Aviator
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 2:05:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It sure wasn't my truck.  I don't advertise my politics or associations on my rides.

I never understood why someone would do this, and in my case, may end up in a place where politics could be dangerous to my job.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#2]
What ?!?!
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:38:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It sure wasn't my truck.  I don't advertise my politics or associations on my rides.

I never understood why someone would do this, and in my case, may end up in a place where politics could be dangerous to my job.
View Quote

Well at least we know who it wasnt then.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
right back.

Ever work at a place where you had to sign a paper saying political discussions were out of bounds at the workplace?

Ever wonder why bumper stickers were conspicuously absent at your workplace?

Ever work at a place where your boss turned into a quaking mess, touching his hands to his head, looking down to the ground and saying over and over, "I thought you were a nice guy" when he found you held conservative veiwpoints?  I don't recall what the subject was we were discussing, but his over the top reaction shocked me.

Ever work at a place where your coworkers whip out their notebooks and pens, writing down anything you said not expressly work related after this?

Ever get fired for not reporting a fellow supervisor stating "Bruce Jenner has mental problems" in a three way conversation behind closed doors?  After all, I may end up supervising transgenders and they may not feel comfortable knowing I might be judging them.   I've fired guys for 'violating core company values" but their conduct was so outrageous they agreed with me about the reasons.

This stuff happens at nominally conservative industrial workplaces, not software design labs in San Francisco.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
right back.

Ever work at a place where you had to sign a paper saying political discussions were out of bounds at the workplace?

Ever work at a place where your boss turned into a quaking mess, touching his hands to his head, looking down to the ground and saying over and over, "I thought you were a nice guy" when he found you held conservative veiwpoints?  I don't recall what the subject was we were discussing, but his over the top reaction shocked me.

Ever work at a place where your coworkers whip out their notebooks and pens, writing down anything you said not expressly work related after this?

Ever get fired for not reporting a fellow supervisor stating "Bruce Jenner has mental problems" in a three way conversation behind closed doors?  After all, I may end up supervising transgenders and they may not feel comfortable knowing I might be judging them.   I've fired guys for 'violating core company values" but their conduct was so outrageous they agreed with me about the reasons.

This stuff happens at nominally conservative industrial workplaces, not software design labs in San Francisco.
View Quote

I guess that paycheck is real nice because personally I wouldn't deal with that shit otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
right back.

View Quote

TL:DR don't care, the point of my comment was that he asked who the BFL was, not who it wasn't, so your posts have been quite unnecessary.    
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF?  So far, we don't know if it was you or not.  Your comments have been useless to the original question.

I don't care if you think my posts were necessary or not.  The long one was partially due to your post.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Well this went to shit.

I have run into a bunch of people with BFL's who have no idea it's from this site. They just have it cause of what it is and most people besides gun guys don't know what it means.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:51:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well this went to shit.

View Quote

No kidding!

Aviator
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top