Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2016 7:54:09 PM EDT
I'm going to be up in the Seward area for a couple weeks at the end of June. What all is there to do there? Anything you would go see that a tourist wouldn't normally find? I'm looking for a fishing charter while I'm there too, anyone up there you can recommend ocean/bay wise?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:29:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Yukon Bar

And when it closes, go to that dive bar just out of city limits.

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I have to keep it at least a little tame and family friendly
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Go hike around Exit glacier. You could take a sight seeing cruise. Maybe go fishing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:45:08 AM EDT
[#4]
The food at Ray's is tremendous.  Millers landing sea kayak rental if the weather is nice.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're interested in camping/hiking, I love the hike to Ptarmigan Lake right near Seward.  Bring fishing gear, it's packed with trout

Exit Glacier seems popular with visitors, it's a close drive to Seward.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll have to hit up ray's, looks like theres a decent amount of stuff there. Is there an MWR at Sewart for kayak or motorboat rentals? I was talking to a guy just stationed up there and he made mention of it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Sea life center for sure!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
this

Saltwater Safari is always a fun charter, Both my ocean boats need new motors so I/m no help

I would not reccommend renting a boat or even kayaking unless you are familiar with Alaskan waters or an expert kayaker.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
this  

Saltwater Safari is always a fun charter, Both my ocean boats need new motors so I/m no help

I would not reccommend renting a boat or even kayaking unless you are familiar with Alaskan waters or an expert kayaker.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
this  

Ocean currents pretty strong at times?

Thanks for the charter recommendation. Is the sea life center like an aquarium?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 3:09:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll have to hit up ray's, looks like theres a decent amount of stuff there. Is there an MWR at Sewart for kayak or motorboat rentals? I was talking to a guy just stationed up there and he made mention of it.
View Quote

like this? http://sewardresort.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top