Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2016 11:44:31 PM EDT
I am looking for recommendations for a good salmon fishing charter.  My son and I will be in anchorage for a few days the last week of June.  I am in search of a day trip.

We plan on doing a little touring also, is there any area or anything particular we should be making time for?

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you a military member? If I recall the MWR center in seward does a great charter set up for day trips and is about 1/2 the price of everybody else in the state.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#2]
We are going up the first week of june and have booked a trip with this guy. http://akfishermanschoice.com

I can give you more of an update when we get back if you want.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Steve McClure with McClures guide service is about the best salmon guide on the peninsula. Or call Orlando at Alaska on the fly if Steve is full. End of June, all that will really be open is flossing for reds as kings don't open till July 1 and everything else starts running in July/August. Both are based out of sterling, Steve does mostly middle kenaf river in a 21' willys predator guide boat with 50 hp Yamaha tiller. This is about the nicest guide boat you can run on the Keanu. Orlando runs the same but he also runs drift boats on the upper kenai (power boats are not allowed up there) may want to look into some trophy rainbow fishing with Orlando and go after some reds at the same time on a drift trip, incredible scenery and you'll get some amazing photos. You have a legit opportunity to catch a 30" plus over 15 pound rainbow up there (catch and release only!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top