Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2016 4:00:46 AM EDT
Fellas, just finished up a four year assignment at Fort Wainwright.  I'm headed to Fort Polk for a couple of years.  I'll be back in AK as soon as I'm finished up at Fort Polk. I've got enough time into retire, so when I come back I'll be a civilian.....I can't wait!

The last four years have been the absolute best professional years of my life.  The same can be said for my family life.....we (my family) have spent more quality time together and have grown closer while we served in AK.  I can't imagine living in any other place than here.....specifically Fairbanks.

We are currently in Tok and will hit Canada tomorrow.  They will have to drag me kicking and screaming across the Canadian border.  I hope I have the strength to cross on my on :(

Later fellas.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Take care Carl, and drive safe.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Man- You're in for culture and thermal shock!

Ft. Polk this time of year oughtta be real fun after AK.

Safe trip- if you ever get over to the east coast of FL, beer's on me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks folks.  Made it across the border just fine.  Will keep an eye on the fires (thanks for the heads up)!  Can't wait to be on my way back up (properly outfitted in the next trip).
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys!  We will make it to Watson Lake today.  Will make an assessment at Watson Lake to see if we need to detour to the southern route.  Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys!  We will make it to Watson Lake today.  Will make an assessment at Watson Lake to see if we need to detour to the southern route.  Thanks for the heads up!
View Quote

Have fun!

My wife is at Polk now for JRTC, she says it's hot and nasty already. We got lucky and got Campbell for our first duty station, oh boy.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like the roads are ok/passable!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top