Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2016 4:07:24 PM EDT
In an attempt to use a "Less Puny" round. I moved up to Fed 147g +P HST's for my G19 EDC. I'm experiencing type 2 malfunctions with this combination. I do not experience any malfunctions with 147g Speer Gold Dot's. or the 124+P Gold Dot's.

Is anyone else having the same problem with 147+P HST's?

Until that day,
Darkop

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
In an attempt to use a "Less Puny" round. I moved up to Fed 147g +P HST's for my G19 EDC. I'm experiencing type 2 malfunctions with this combination. I do not experience any malfunctions with 147g Speer Gold Dot's. or the 124+P Gold Dot's.

Is anyone else having the same problem with 147+P HST's?

Until that day,
Darkop

View Quote

They work good for me. I have them issued for the department. I use them in my Glock 17, 19 and 43. By type 2 a classic stove pipe?

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Buried stove pipe's. Slide speed to fast? I'm also running an APEX non MIM extractor. Wonder if that might have something to do with it?
The good news is the 147 Gold Dots run fine. Next time I'm out, I'll chrono both rounds to see how much of a difference there is.

Until that day,
Darkop

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Worn out recoil spring perhaps?
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 2:40:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, Buried stove pipe's. Slide speed to fast? I'm also running an APEX non MIM extractor. Wonder if that might have something to do with it?
The good news is the 147 Gold Dots run fine. Next time I'm out, I'll chrono both rounds to see how much of a difference there is.

Until that day,
Darkop

View Quote

If you end up not liking them I would be willing to buy them from you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Worn out recoil spring perhaps?
View Quote

Maybe, but i doubt it. I don't think I have 3000 rds through this gun. I haven't really kept track though. I've been more focused on long range rifle the last 2 yrs than pistol.
I'll replace the spring and see if that cures the ills!
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
If I remember correctly Glock recommends recoil springs be replaced every 3000 rounds, I don't think that is referenced in the armorers manual but I believe that is in my notes from my first class.  That was the schedule we kept when I was an armorer.  Check your ejector to ensure it is not broken or chipped.    Your ejector should have part number 30274 on it. Then I would first replace the recoil spring. If that doesn't work  I would put the OEM extractor back in and see if that cures the problem. Stovepipes can also be caused by not having a firm enough grip.

Were you having problems that prompted you to replace the extractor?
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a case of a thousand to carry and have run about 600 through my XDM and XDS pistols.  No problems.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If I remember correctly Glock recommends recoil springs be replaced every 3000 rounds, I don't think that is referenced in the armorers manual but I believe that is in my notes from my first class.  That was the schedule we kept when I was an armorer.  Check your ejector to ensure it is not broken or chipped.    Your ejector should have part number 30274 on it. Then I would first replace the recoil spring. If that doesn't work  I would put the OEM extractor back in and see if that cures the problem. Stovepipes can also be caused by not having a firm enough grip.

View Quote

I will go ahead and replace the spring and see if that helps. I replaced the extractor for two reasons 1) I was tired of getting hit in the face with brass. 2) I wanted to get rid of the MIM extractor. Ejector has the correct number and is not chipped. I doubt I limp wristed this gun. Anyone who knows me, knows I am an old school song grip Weaver shooter :-)

I'll let you know if I cure the problem, but for now I'll carrying the 147 Gold Dot's.

Until that day,
Darkop

Link Posted: 1/18/2016 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I will go ahead and replace the spring and see if that helps. I replaced the extractor for two reasons 1) I was tired of getting hit in the face with brass. 2) I wanted to get rid of the MIM extractor. Ejector has the correct number and is not chipped. I doubt I limp wristed this gun. Anyone who knows me, knows I am an old school song grip Weaver shooter :-)

I'll let you know if I cure the problem, but for now I'll carrying the 147 Gold Dot's.

Until that day,
Darkop

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until that day,
Darkop

Thats interesting that you were getting hit in the face with brass with the updated ejetor.  I had a couple gen 3 17's that did that with minor power facter loads and changing to the newer ejector cured it.  Ahh Glocks.  Perfection yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top