Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2015 8:39:55 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience with the Teklanika ("Tek") River Campground in Delani Park?? Is it worth the effort to stay there for a few days??
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only driven by it.  What are your plans?  If your are hiking, then I'd say it is worth staying there.....it places you deeper inside the park and in theory places you closer to some trail heads.  I suspect being closer to those areas is a good thing if you are limited to foot travel.  

On the other hand if you are exploring the area via vehicle, then camping at the park entrance would be no burden and would place you closer to some of the touristy stuff in Healy.  

I don't know if you can pull a travel trailer to the Tek campground either.  The campgrounds at the entrance to the park have both trailer and tent spaces.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've only driven by it.  What are your plans?  If your are hiking, then I'd say it is worth staying there.....it places you deeper inside the park and in theory places you closer to some trail heads.  I suspect being closer to those areas is a good thing if you are limited to foot travel.  

On the other hand if you are exploring the area via vehicle, then camping at the park entrance would be no burden and would place you closer to some of the touristy stuff in Healy.  

I don't know if you can pull a travel trailer to the Tek campground either.  The campgrounds at the entrance to the park have both trailer and tent spaces.
View Quote

Trailers can be pulled into Tek. I think there is a length limit. No matter to us since our trailer is only 15 ft long. Touristy stuff is the LAST thing we enjoy when camping since we are long time backpackers. Thanks for the imput.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
tek is nice.  Its about 30 miles into the park.  Hop on the bus, get dropped off near sanctuary mt and hike south around the wildlife closure.  You can get back into some neat areas that way.  As for tek campground itself.. meh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top