BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2015 3:58:12 PM EDT
Greetings Gunners!

The AMGA is hosting a fun competitive shoot on Sat Oct 31 at BRSP F Range

Check in and set-up:  10:00 AM

Safety briefing:        10:45 AM  

First shots:              11:00 AM

Guns allowed:  Any pistol caliber NFA gun to include:  Pistol caliber machine guns, Pistol-caliber short barreled rifles, Pistol caliber rifles with suppressors, and Pistols with suppressors.

Everyone on the range must have their own eye and ear protection.

There will be 3-4 stages with an average of 50 rounds per stage.  Once the stages are finalized we'll update a firm round count.  One stage will of course (!) be a mag dump on zombie Santa.

Costs will be split amongst the competitors so we need to have at least 10 participants to make this affordable by all.  Please PM or post as soon as you know you will be able to attend the shoot and include the category of gun you will be shooting.  We expect the cost to be around $30 per shooter with $20 of that being BRSP range fees which apply whether you are an annual BRSP member or not.

This shoot is open to all NFA shooters and is a family affair.  Younger or newer shooters are encouraged to attend and are welcomed to have coaching help during each stage to ensure a safe and fun event.

For the die-hard competitive shooters - I've been practicing so bring your 'A' game!

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Great!  We haven't shot together in years so I look forward to it.

I'll post another update later this week when it's nailed down but the plan is for 3 IPSC style stages (time allowing) and 1 mag dump stage for 182 130 or so scored shots.  Shooters might want to bring 1, 2, or 300 extra rounds though in case they miss a shot somewhere along the way.  

ETA: Corrected the round count.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The updated email was ready sooner.  Here it is for anyone not on the AMGA email list that is interested.  I pulled the abbreviated-name shooter list off in order to post this here.  The flightless-bird-guy-from-way-out-west is on the list.  We currently have 12 shooters committed to coming.

----------------------------------------

Hello Shooters!

We’ve had a lot of interest so far.  We are limiting the number of shooters to 15 in order to try to run three IPSC stages and a mag dump event within the range time that we have.  If you’re on the list and you don’t know if you can make it – let us know.  If you’re not on the list and want to shoot then message me or post here for one of the remaining spots.

The cost is $20 per shooter for AMGA members and $25 per shooter for non-AMGA members.  This covers shooter range fees and shoot materials for the day.

Each shooter will be scored on 130 shots for the day (we’re still finalizing the stages and round count).  This is the number of rounds you’ll need to fire to hit every target if you have no misses.  Bring as much extra as you think you’ll need on top of that to account for misses or extra rounds on target.

In order to get as much trigger time as possible for each shooter please plan to arrive at 10am with your gear ready to go.  See you at the range.

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:57:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The updated email was ready sooner.  Here it is for anyone not on the AMGA email list that is interested.  I pulled the abbreviated-name shooter list off in order to post this here.  The flightless-bird-guy-from-way-out-west is on the list.  We currently have 12 shooters committed to coming.

Hello Shooters!

We’ve had a lot of interest so far.  We are limiting the number of shooters to 15 in order to try to run three IPSC stages and a mag dump event within the range time that we have.  If you’re on the list and you don’t know if you can make it – let us know.  If you’re not on the list and want to shoot then message me or post here for one of the remaining spots.

The cost is $20 per shooter for AMGA members and $25 per shooter for non-AMGA members.  This covers shooter range fees and shoot materials for the day.

Each shooter will be scored on 130 shots for the day (we’re still finalizing the stages and round count).  This is the number of rounds you’ll need to fire to hit every target if you have no misses.  Bring as much extra as you think you’ll need on top of that to account for misses or extra rounds on target.

In order to get as much trigger time as possible for each shooter please plan to arrive at 10am with your gear ready to go.  See you at the range.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hello Shooters!

Drink more tea.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Just do what you did for the gun show - stay up all night beforehand.  I was shocked (SHOCKED) to see Viper at the gun show at.... what was it?  7:30am?

By putting that in there I figured that it would then mean that most people would roll in at 10:30am with their gear in one big tangled pile (but at least in a pile) and then might be able to be ready by the safety brief at 10:45am.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#7]
15 shooters have committed so we'll put anyone else interested on a standby list in case someone drops out.

The number of shooters assumes that someone calls Viper to wake him up and make sure he's out of bed on time to make the shoot.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

15 shooters have committed so we'll put anyone else interested on a standby list in case someone drops out.

The number of shooters assumes that someone calls Viper to wake him up and make sure he's out of bed on time to make the shoot.  
View Quote

It does help being 4.5 mins away from the range. Though I might have to just sleep in the truck on top of the guns and ammo.

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll arrive with mags loaded, gear assembled amd ready to rock and roll.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have two friends who would like to shoot if a space opens up.  Can you add two to the standby list for me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Sure thing.  They're first on the standby list.  It's great to see the interest.  At the shoot let's see if there's interest on scheduling the next one.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#12]
How is this being scored? Best 3 hits? Best 4?
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:01:49 AM EDT
[#13]
We'll score 4 best hits on paper ipsc targets.  There will also be steel knockdown targets and a 20 round mag dump on a zombie head paper target (number of hits in the zombie head while timed).  I might throw in some static clay pigeons if I get motivated today to make the stands for them.

It's gonna be fun!

With 4 hits scored on paper, I hear that people with fast running Macs should rock the course!  I've always had a thing for Macs

We haven't had any cancellations by the way so no standby slots have opened up......

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I have six of these I can bring:

Just stick them into the groung if the ground is soft.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the offer.  I made two pigeon holders so we should be good.  The ground is usually pretty hard at brsp.  See ya tmw
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#16]
https://youtu.be/ezNPSX5-BMU

Well, that was fun.

I'm pretty sure I had the fastest mag dump.  25 rounds in 1.3 seconds.  13 in the hit zone.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#17]
A big thank you to Matt and his wife for putting on this shoot. It was A LOT of fun. Looking forward to the next one if/when it happens.

Sooooo. What were the standings?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A big thank you to Matt and his wife for putting on this shoot. It was A LOT of fun. Looking forward to the next one if/when it happens.

Sooooo. What were the standings?
View Quote

Yes, big thanks to Matt and Melanie!  Lets do it again soon.

Please let me know when i can pick up my trophy and prize money.

Also I have video of the first group of mag dumps.  If no one objects to having their face on the internet I will post it to Youtube.  It turned out well with a couple nice brass rainbows.

Ben

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't mind. My run was great. 22/25
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks guys.  It was a great day at the.range.  Please post videos.  Any interest in another shoot in Jan or Feb?  We'd run one sooner but it's getting into the dark and cold season.

Results are done and will be emailed later today.  One of you did win the mag dump stage.  We decided not to give out the high dollar prizes because we didn't want to make your tax returns difficult.  We're always looking out for you like that.

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:28:34 AM EDT
[#21]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiWlhj9T7_c&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Results have been sent via email.  The overall winner was shooting an SBR so hopefully we'll get more SBR shooter turnout in the future.  The courses of fire had some nasty no shoot targets staged behind steel targets which made it harder for the fast fire f/a shooters.  Lots of no shoot penalties!
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Results have been sent via email.  The overall winner was shooting an SBR so hopefully we'll get more SBR shooter turnout in the future.  The courses of fire had some nasty no shoot targets staged behind steel targets which made it harder for the fast fire f/a shooters.  Lots of no shoot penalties!
View Quote

It was cool that I won the mag dump.  The way these are scored speed is way more important than accuracy.  Still, I will be shooting my 9mm SBR AR15 next time.  The no shoot penalties and malfunctions killed my scores on the main stages.

Ben
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Stage 1

youtube
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice video.  That GoPro mount is way cool.  Did you fiqure out what's causing the malfs?  You'd be smoking the competition if you can get it running 100%
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nice video.  That GoPro mount is way cool.  Did you fiqure out what's causing the malfs?  You'd be smoking the competition if you can get it running 100%
View Quote

Some of it was failure to feed, probably caused by bad/dirty mags.  Part of it was the bolt is worn where it catches the sear causing it to run away for a few rounds after each trigger pull.  

I'll strip and clean all  my mags before the next match.  But testing mags gets expensive.  so it might be a crap shoot if that fixes the problem.  And a new bolt might fix the sear engagement.

None of that will help that the gun in not accurate and those no-shoot targets behind the steel are gonna get shot to pieces.

https://youtu.be/iDgOX_jJ8lY
Stage 2
https://youtu.be/75bsxeYB8aY
stage 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top