Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2015 10:42:38 PM EDT
Mine went out yesterday afternoon, then again at 4am this morning. It was back on when I got home from work.

Several of my accounts had power out and were closed. Ivory Jacks and Goldstream General were closed to customers.

Safeway in NP had a transformer blow around 630 thus morning. Ever try to merchandise 6 pallets of booze in pure darkness?

Several traffic lights were down all afternoon. So how are you guys holding up? The stores are losing all their perishables.

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:42:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm on the same local grid as the hospital, so no issues here beyond the occasional flicker
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:08:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Dad lives 150 yards behind Ivory Jack's,  so I assume he's without.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Out since 4pm on the 29th. starting to get old. No water or heat.  Good thing I work on post and dont have dependents.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:32:43 AM EDT
[#5]
GVEA used to be pretty good at keeping the hertz rolling.

They use and maintain the largest battery back up system on the continent, so it must be a transmission problem..

If the system is becoming unreliable, this is probably a good time to acquire and deploy your own back up power. Especially if your HEAT needs electricity to function.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes I do. I always do. I also have generators  

Aviator
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:42:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes I do. I always do. I also have generators  

Aviator
View Quote

Pretty sure you have enough generators to feed the grid for a while
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top