Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2015 9:00:06 PM EDT
Getting giddy, the huge pay cut down here in FL has hurt. Gonna buy a strike eagle,  superchip for the jeep and the majority will pay bills.

I hope we get some good news tomorrow morning (1pm for me) and it's where the estimates put it (2144)
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It's going to be the last bit of news I get before hitting the airport.

I'm hoping 2100+ but I've also seen 2066 floating around as well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
$2072 and a long talk about how the state is going to need to take or modify/invest the accounts to stay afloat in coming years.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$2072 and a long talk about how the state is going to need to take or modify/invest the accounts to stay afloat in coming years.
View Quote

Soooo, stop subsidizing the villages?
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Family of 8 kids and  FatMOM fly free from Barrow to Anchorage, 6 days in Hotel.

Telephone  in a single  doctor visit for one of the kids, fly the whole family to Anchorage,  MISS the fucking  appointment, BOOM: Free shopping vacation,  6000 dollars airfare, and  hotel, ALL paid for by the State of Alaska.

When they get home,   Fuel vouchers, FOOD Stamps, free dental......  family probably soaking up 50 or 60 thousand a year in free-shit.

This is COMMON.

This is  more than half the population of  most  rural villages in this state.

FREE electricity, free fuel, free dentist, free doctors, free lunches, free schools with swimming pools.

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine just dropped in the account today and I got a $5/hr raise, fuuuuuuck yea.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
How did you get it already?

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No clue,  had it drop in the wife's USAA account this morning. Hers wont come til later,  first year filing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

USAA hits early
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Mines showing under AK USA pending ACH.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Getting giddy, the huge pay cut down here in FL has hurt. Gonna buy a strike eagle,  superchip for the jeep and the majority will pay bills.

I hope we get some good news tomorrow morning (1pm for me) and it's where the estimates put it (2144)
View Quote
Not trying to be an ass, but you are working in Florida and collecting a PFD?  Keep it all above board.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not trying to be an ass, but you are working in Florida and collecting a PFD?  Keep it all above board.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect that it was his last one, if you apply in MARCH, for having lived there all last year, you get it in October. So if I lived here until april 2016, applied in march 2016, and in may 2016 I was living in Tibet(just cuz) I would get a dividend BUT I wouldn't be eligible to apply for the one in 2017.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just moved away this past May after being in the state for almost 8 years, I was more than eligible.

With the wife being in the Mil, we could both collect it until she gets out, but I'm not sure if we will end up back in Alaska so I don't want to have to worry about paying it back later.

Almsot got pissed when I got mine because is was only 1972, then realized I gave $100 to the MatSu indoor range.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes I am going to miss the Permanent Fund.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top