Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2015 7:03:49 PM EDT
Edit:  Apparently 1 year or so is a common sentence for crap like this.

So that kid that killed Jeff Dusenberry in a hit and run while drunk and high just got sentenced.  Plead guilty to negligent homicide and got 1 year 10 days in the slammer.

Someone's dad knows the judge or something.  Complete and total bullshit.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/teen-who-killed-cyclist-in-hitandrun-crash-sentenced-to-1-year-10-days/34806756
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#1]
While I disagree with the sentence, I am sure that there are facts that the general public is not being told.  This young lady used very poor judgment in this case, that caused a lot of heart ache for all involved.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#2]
She admitted to drinking smoking weed taking extasy and cocaine.  After she hit him she continued rearward for more than 40 ft and a parent broke one of those big brown wood poles they use to keep cars off of trails.  She then fled the scene despite some one trying to flag her down who had witnessed it.  

The defense claimed that it wasn't her fault because a flip flop she was wearing stuck the accelerator down.  Oh and the bicyclist was wearing headphone and was likely going 30mph+ and acutely ran into her.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The DA that put this deal together needs to be fired.Her lawyer did what he was paid to do get her the best deal offered .The judge could and should have tossed this deal out,he needs to go to .No winners here except her and here lawyer She`ll probaly get credit for time served and only do a couple more month`s
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to race on a bike, 30MPH on a flat surface is SMOKING, hell my pace on the path on the side of the Glen(flat, well paved with no stop signs, turns, or anything really to slow me down) was 22MPH good days with a tail wind 24, and that was on a race bike with riding gear for lower wind resistance.

The top average speed over the men's 1 km time trial at the 2004 Summer Olympics was 16.4 metres per second (59 km/h; 37 mph) recorded by Chris Hoy.That is an OLYMPIAN, with world class gear, training, and track. im sure anchorage public roads count as that...

I would like to know how that guy got that kind of speed.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:49:27 PM EDT
[#8]
1 year for involuntary manslaughter seems very light to me, especially when she ran.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:12:54 AM EDT
[#9]
She should have gotten a year, JUST for running.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top