Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2015 9:14:18 PM EDT

And see how alone in your opinion you are

Moose’s Tooth ranked third in TripAdvisor’s top-10 U.S. pizza restaurants. The results were based on millions of TripAdvisor travelers’ reviews and opinions, with more weight given to reviews written in the past year, according to a Wednesday press release.

Here’s the complete top-10 list:

1. Juliana’s Pizza, New York City, New York

2. Pizza Time of St. Augustine, Saint Augustine, Florida

3. Moose’s Tooth Pub and Pizzeria, Anchorage, Alaska

4. Keste, New York City, New York

5. Tony’s Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco, California

6. Pizzeria Regina, Boston, Massachusetts

7. Antico Pizza Napoletana, Atlanta, Georgia

8. Bill’s Pizza, Palm Springs, California

9. Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana, New Haven, Connecticut

10. John’s Pizzeria, Bleeker St., New York City, New York

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Moose's tooth makes a good pie.  Anyone who disagree is just talking shit to talk shit.  

Good pie, good beer.  What more could you ask for.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive had better pizza while living in the barracks at Fort Drum.  Moose Tooth pizza is ok, but no better than the pizza up here at the banks ale house.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#3]
It would be a lot better if i didnt have to wait in line for 45 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I've only had it once. It was some green sauce kind of pizza. I was okay, but I could barely finish my slice because it was so frickin' rich. My favorite pizza in the state so far has been Dominos in Fairbanks, to be honest.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
"Amazing Apricot".... what kinda person would order that? Some liberal polesmoker, that's who. I like Santa's Little Helper, that's a good pizza. Keep that fancy fruity shit to yourself, I'm not waiting 45 minutes and parking out in timbuktoo for some fruity pie.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:44:24 AM EDT
[#6]
It is okay pizza, just too expensive.  Much better pizza at better prices elsewhere.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Too funny, my wife managed Bill's Pizza in Palm Springs for several years.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Amazing Apricot".... what kinda person would order that? Some liberal polesmoker, that's who. I like Santa's Little Helper, that's a good pizza. Keep that fancy fruity shit to yourself, I'm not waiting 45 minutes and parking out in timbuktoo for some fruity pie.
View Quote

LMFAO!!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Was in there twice in the past month. Above average pies and brews. Kept filling the growlers and I was happy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:01:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Love their pizza and raspberry wheat
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#11]
One of the few places I miss from Anchorage!

I know it was a hole in the wall but I miss the No Name Pizza place in Valdez too.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:35:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One of the few places I miss from Anchorage!

I know it was a hole in the wall but I miss the No Name Pizza place in Valdez too.
View Quote

That place is awesome!  They cooked my family a pizza just after they locked up and were headed out the door.  Very nice ladies and good pizza as well!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, this place is way overrated.  Especially to stand in line for a so so pie...
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Now that I am in California, I have tried a few homegrown places here and they are a bit better than Mooses Tooth and a lot cheaper.   But the guys that started the place are doing really well financially.  

The only place I rank really high for great food is Burger Stop on Spenard Road...I really miss their battered husband burger....it was amazing!
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Every time I have had Moose's Tooth it was some fancy crap that someone else ordered.  Not good, but I can't give it a fair review.

If you are ever out in Wasilla, try Tuscana Pizza about a half mile up Wasilla Fishook.  Never had better in Alaska.
View Quote

Yup, that is our favorite place to go on short notice.  Often empty.  Greek Salad with that red house dressing is unequalled.

In Big Lake, there is the Italian place "Aardvark ?"  in the little mall that 3 Bears moved into.  Pizza and calzones are great, and the owner is into jazz and plays sax on Friday nights.  I'm not into jazz, but quality music is good music.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I went to Moose tooth while visiting anchorage in May.  it was well worth the wait
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top