Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2015 4:32:20 PM EDT
Well, Steve Smith showed up and it looked like he had a good time.  More photos coming, I just have to sort and edit.  Shame some of you guys missed it.  They went out with a bang to say the least.  TONS of boats and just a lot of fun.  There was even a ship I'd guess was an arfcommers that was dressed up as a diesel sub called the USS Possum.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Any pics of the sub?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks just got a text from Mike about it.

I've got about 700 photos to sort through but I made sure to get shots of every float. Will be posting some up later tonight as they get done.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:41:59 AM EDT
[#4]
This is just a highlight reel, so expect more photos as I get them edited through the week.  I got around 700 shots over the span of two hours.  Photos are in no order btw.

I do love the one that has 'Tub full of Weiners' in tape across it, as well as the Arfcom style USS Possum and Gilligan and the Skipper on a raft.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link to GD thread below.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1772210_After_19_years__a_staple_of_the_Alaskan_summer_is_no_more__photos_of_event_inside_.html

Just found out that you can get the entire series with specials on Amazon for $125.  Considering it ran for 15 seasons, I'd say that's not bad.  Christmas list I guess.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:19:30 AM EDT
[#6]
That last pic there was a buddy of mines kids, he was pulling it with his SS minnow canoe.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I know the girl in the yellow kayak. We went to high school together. Did the thread in GD get axed?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That last pic there was a buddy of mines kids, he was pulling it with his SS minnow canoe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It took me a second to get it was Gilligan and Skipper but pretty damn good setup.  I didn't get a good angle on the Minnow, but I'll try to get a shot up this week.

Quoted:
I know the girl in the yellow kayak. We went to high school together. Did the thread in GD get axed?

The thread is still there, just no comments for most of today.  I figure a lot of the folks are waiting for more pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top