Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2015 6:41:17 PM EDT
I'll be east of Homer this Saturday with wife and son for 2 weeks.  I see on the map there is a river at the mouth of the bay, is that accessible by vehicle, foot?  Doesn't look like it.  Fishing any good there?  I've read about the Anchor River and all it's problems, I'll guess I'll find out when I get there.  I have fished back the Russian and Kasilof / Deep Creek so I may go back there.

This will be 3rd trip to AK, new to this area though, wanted to explore something new.  We have a Halibut charter booked with North Country and plan to hike a lot.  Anything I need to see or suggest to do in the area.  Any off the beaten paths hikes or places to go?

Thank you Alaskans yall rock!
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
East of Homer,  will put you   between Fritz creek and  Fox river.
 About 18  miles East of Homer, you can park at Falls creek rd , and walk or ride   to Caribou Lake.

When dry  people drive  pickups  out there,  but mostly 4 wheelers and snowmachines access.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#2]
tenfor thanks
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If you  make it out on the  Homer Spit,    make an attempt to get into Little Mermaid for lunch or dinner.
They  fill up quick, but will let you eat at  table outside,  on the first boardwalk on the LEFT  ( north ) side of spit.

.  Downtown Homer, the best   dinner restaurant is CUPS,  on Pioneer Ave.

Local  Homer Brewing Company  is  on Lakeshore drive, a few blocks from base of Homer Spit.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:56:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The earthquake was different...
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:22:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Minor wiggle, not quite a full "Earthquake"

where, exactly are you stationed ' East of Homer' ?

The road only goes about 18 miles. Four wheeler trails to Fox river maybe 5 miles further...

Next beer or laundry run to town, stop by my shop and say hello.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#6]
We are 13 miles on east end rd.  whats name of shop?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are 13 miles on east end rd.  whats name of shop?
View Quote

13 miles your in the Mcneil Canyon area

silvers are pretty good fishing off the back side of the beach with spinners or a bobber and harring
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top