Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2015 12:39:48 PM EDT
Going to be up in Anchorage on Sunday night.  Looking to get my hands on an uber cheap rental car.  Can any of you hometown boys point me in the right direction?  Best I can find is Avis for $75 a day to drive a kia rio.  Any local outfits that may be cheaper than all of the airport rental places?  Any of you locals have a spare vehicle and want to make a few bucks letting my wife and I drive around her old stomping ground?  I'm out of the AF, so no military options available.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
U-Hual rents pickups for $20, but charge for mileage ( and I think it is .50/mile). Sorry I don't have any other knowledge.

Maybe Denali Car Rental or ABC Motorhome/car Rental.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks brother, I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, 75 a day is pretty cheap during tourist season. Come up in October and the same car is 25 a day
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Rent a wreck.  You laugh, but they are cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top