Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 4:46:27 PM EDT
Tell me about Fairbanks.  It is possible that my company might be moving me up there.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a lot to do.

Everyone at the range has an AR/AK/MGs/SBRs etc.

Winter sucks but the summers are beautiful.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:39:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What company?

What do you want to know?
Its hot and smoky most of the summer, its cold and dark in the winter

Its expensive to live here
View Quote

Yup.  The cheapest hole in the wall apartment will put you back $800+ a month before utilities.  For a house, expect $1300+ with a $100+ electric and $200+ fuel bill.  Gas is $4+ a gallon in the winter, double your average fuel usage to include warming your car up before driving, etc.  Going to need to idle for 10-15 minutes before driving to get everything up to demp in late nov-late feb.

-65f in the depths of winter and 80+ and smokey in the summer.

Great fishing and hunting though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies guys.  I read about how the summers can be smokey and obviously the winters are really cold.  Coming from Texas, the winters will be tough.  What I am also wondering is how are the people, crime rates, and what areas of town to live in.  Also how to get my ammo and rifles up there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top