Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2015 10:52:32 PM EDT
I currently live in one of the more isolated areas of Alaska and I am going to be in Anchorage this weekend. I am looking for someone, preferably with advanced teaching/diagnosing experience, that can help diagnose some handgun precision issues at 25 yards. Does anyone have someone that they have experience with or that they can recommend that does one-on-one training?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about 1 on 1, but give this guy a call

Alaska Tactical
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you very much JMC. That was my first choice and I sent him an email through his website with exactly what I wanted and I didn't receive a reply of any kind. It is possible that he didn't receive it, but I didn't get any indication from his website that he offered 1 on 1 and he has a group class happening this weekend.

For anyone wondering, I don't need to be an immaculate shooter. I just need to be on paper consistently at 25 yards for 24 shots, body size target preferably in the chest area then 6 shots at 15 yards. At 15 yards I am fine but at 25 yards I am inconsistent.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:15:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, they (Alaska Tactical) most definitely do one on one Training. Weekdays or weekends. Just give them a call.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:55:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Grumpy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
AK tactical is a great guy, expect to pay through the nose though. he is good and knows it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I am choosing to go out of state for training rather than use AK Tactical , #1 every time I went in there they treated me like an idiot
#2 I dont know who that woman was that was working in there last time but she has the personality of a brick oh and #3
I had them build and upper for me and they bent the gas tube , how I have no idea but when I had it stripped down to recheck exerything the
tube was bent
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am choosing to go out of state for training rather than use AK Tactical , #1 every time I went in there they treated me like an idiot
#2 I dont know who that woman was that was working in there last time but she has the personality of a brick oh and #3
I had them build and upper for me and they bent the gas tube , how I have no idea but when I had it stripped down to recheck exerything the
tube was bent
View Quote

Yet arrogance seems to be the norm for every gun store I have been to. For small businesses that rely on repeat business, most do treat their customers pretty bad. I have no idea how most stay in business.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I couldnt have said it any better
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:00:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
tube was bent
View Quote

Unrelated to this thread, I just posted a list of instructors coming up to Alaska this year.  Pannone, Hackathorn, Proctor, Falla, Ayoob, Eusebio
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I was able to complete training with Sue from Alaska Tactical.  If she was the same woman referred to earlier in the thread, that wasn't the same impression that I had.  She was knowledgable, entertaining, and fun to work with.  I look forward to working with the Alaska Tactical crew again if the opportunity presents itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top