Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
While this may be needed, it is going to be a tuff sell to the people.  We have gotten so much for 'nothing' for so long, people will not want to give it up.  However, the State needs to cut back on spending, big time, before there will be much change.
This is going to be a 'fun' one to watch!
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 12:20:42 AM EDT
[#2]
A lot of untaxed money has been going out of state.(Fishing,mining,construction and oil workers).

Some of the states tax that money.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 3:27:22 AM EDT
[#3]
And cut off all state funded village subsidies, if they and thier corperations can't keep them afloat, then they need to figure something else out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:13:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Address the budget, village subsidies, paybacks for election votes, open up oil and mining, welfare, sales tax then maybe you can take more what is left from the working class. Until then maybe we can give the few Alaskans that do work (that do not set on their welfare asses smoking dope) a pass on adding yet another family to their bourdon.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that spending money that was hard earned by wage earners will have a bigger impact on state government budgeting than the income to the state itself.

It is a step to making legislators accountable to what the state spends.  As it is now, no one cares what the state spends as all that money comes from taxing  oil companies.  How can a legislator vote no on a program when no one has a stake in stopping it?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think that spending money that was hard earned by wage earners will have a bigger impact on state government budgeting than the income to the state itself.

It is a step to making legislators accountable to what the state spends.  As it is now, no one cares what the state spends as all that money comes from taxing  oil companies.  How can a legislator vote no on a program when no one has a stake in stopping it?
View Quote

Yeah, but it will also make even more people leave the state.  Me and mine, plus my family have been here since the 80's and are borderline on leaving already.  Either way, the state will have to tighten it's belt.  15% more is something we won't be able to handle on my end.

That said, I do agree with you.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#8]

""" I strongly oppose the HB182 State income tax.

Alaska remains the wealthiest state in the union,  with, unfortunately the most expensive government.

Please   REDUCE the  cost of State Government, rather than  balancing the state budget on the back of the working people  of the state of Alaska."""

. sent to a few  reps.

PAUL SEATON  needs   to  find a new line of work.

His  Juneau  position is not working out for me.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#10]
letter to  several reps,  going out today :

In regards HB182, and with reference to a quote from Paul Seaton's  newsletter 6April, 2015"

""The other major item of the week was my introduction of a State Income Tax, HB182. The legislature continues to work on reducing the budget and cutting programs, but the fiscal models have decisively shown that cuts alone will not be enough to solve our deficit""

. Cut MORE.

. We, the citizens of the State of Alaska can afford LESS state Government.

Thank you
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Just received  a response from Mike Hawker ,  and I quote it in its entirety : "  I agree. "

Mia Costello has just replied, confirming her fiscally conservative budget cutting stance.

Seems to be some standing resistance in the senate.  Keep the pressure on the HOUSE, maybe , if it sounds like blood in the streets, there will be no co sponsors.9

I hope I am not the only one writing and calling these Guys.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 4:15:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Is there a good source on where exactly the money in our states budget goes?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a good source on where exactly the money in our states budget goes?
View Quote

http://www.alaskabudget.com/spending/

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#15]

"
Alaska spends significantly more money per capita than any other state.  In FY 2012, the state spent $13 billion, or more than $17,000 for each person in the state"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top