Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2015 12:00:26 PM EDT
Anyone know if this place is still available to go shooting? The info here was from '06. Was wondering if anything has changed?

Thanks.

JC
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Still closed  no shooting ,troopers do still patrol out there . More homes in the area. Still open to hunting out that way .
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  I was pissed when they closed it.  Called Mark Neuman and all....
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#3]
ok that sucks. Anyone no any good replacements? PM if you want.

I was looking for a place to do some training, not just static 50 yard stuff, full gear.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#4]
You might try the range on Maud road, but be prepared for lots of people on the weekends.  There used to be an area up by the old Joneville mine(Sutton area) that one could shoot in, but it has been a LONG time since I have been out there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:54:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You might try the range on Maud road, but be prepared for lots of people on the weekends.  There used to be an area up by the old Joneville mine(Sutton area) that one could shoot in, but it has been a LONG time since I have been out there.
View Quote
Jonesville is good but crowded on the weekends

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Is Jonesville a range?

Thank for the suggestions, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:23:15 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a reclaimed mine.  Small lake with campsites, trails, a couple at-will firing areas  Perfect Alaska for as long as it lasts.

4 of us going to sight hunting rifles tomorrow night
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#8]
If you do go to the Jonesville area recon the area first make sure you have a good backstop And know where the trails are.  A buddy and I where on a rhino and popped out on a well used atv/truck trail on a rhino and found ourselves half way between a guy and his target and he was using who knows what as a backstop.  Fortunately he wasn't shooting at the exact moment we popped out.  Same goes for Jim Creek.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#9]
There are NO legal areas around Jim Creek that one can shoot.  Also, take note that the range on Maud road will be closing 1 April until 1 July, for phase II construction.

Quoted:
.  Same goes for Jim Creek.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's a reclaimed mine.  Small lake with campsites, trails, a couple at-will firing areas  Perfect Alaska for as long as it lasts.  

View Quote

Sweet please post an update, let me know how it goes. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There are NO legal areas around Jim Creek that one can shoot.  Also, take note that the range on Maud road will be closing 1 April until 1 July, for phase II construction.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
.  Same goes for Jim Creek.

Wasn't aware it's been years since I have done anything out there because of the haphazard shooting that went on out there. A one foot tall shrub is not a backstop.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:25:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The boy has been shooting at the mine  a few times this year, mostly during weekdays and its been good, only 1-2 other groups in the area...and yes check carefully whats behind your targets..lots of trails out there..he was out there last friday...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The boy has been shooting at the mine  a few times this year, mostly during weekdays and its been good, only 1-2 other groups in the area...and yes check carefully whats behind your targets..lots of trails out there..he was out there last friday...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weapon safety rule #4 Know your target and whats beyond it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We didn't go.  Had a campfire/hoedown instead.  it was all good last month.  Yes shoot into the berms--at the NW corner is best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top