Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2015 7:41:37 PM EDT
Was looking to pick up some bulk ammo when I get home this summer, gonna do some serious shooting.

looking for
1k .45, 40.

2-3K  5.56.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Sportsmans has cases of UMC 40 and 45 in stock, can't remember prices. 5.56 prices still suck, cheapest was XM855 at walmart for 350 a case but we all know how that went.

Other than that, .30/rd for steel and .40/rd for brass is as good as I'm seeing now.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sportsmans has cases of UMC 40 and 45 in stock, can't remember prices. 5.56 prices still suck, cheapest was XM855 at walmart for 350 a case but we all know how that went.

Other than that, .30/rd for steel and .40/rd for brass is as good as I'm seeing now.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks for the great intel. Will swing by once I am home.

Thank you!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, $.30 for steel, $.37 for brass is what I see.  I buy it at those prices too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yea, $.30 for steel, $.37 for brass is what I see.  I buy it at those prices too.
View Quote

Cabelas had PMC 55 gr 7 bucks for 20 rounds last time I was over there. Cost of gas makes it not worth it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I am not sure of their pricing, but one might check Alaska Ammo in Anchorage.  When I was in there this last week, they had several cases of different type/caliber ammo.  I was looking for powder and 22 LR so did not check the ammo pricing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Try the different 3 bears stores in chugiak, and wasilla, they do get 5.56 in once in a while and most people don't check them...they have I think 3 stores in wasilla and one in chugiak...otherwise cabbala's,walmart, and sportsman's
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Try the different 3 bears stores in chugiak, and wasilla, they do get 5.56 in once in a while and most people don't check them...they have I think 3 stores in wasilla and one in chugiak...otherwise cabbala's,walmart, and sportsman's
View Quote

Haven't seen bulk at the one on Palmer/Wasilla highway. They want .50 a round for the most part.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:02:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Haven't seen bulk at the one on Palmer/Wasilla highway. They want .50 a round for the most part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ouch..the one by us in chugiak had some a month ago, didn't look at prices..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top