Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2015 12:01:45 AM EDT
Hey gang,

I'm working 4/weeks on 2 off on the slope. I'm looking for a place around Anchorage, wasilla... Maybe someone has a guest house available? Or a spare room etc. Just for 2 weeks ever so often... I'm trying to avoid paying for a hotel for two weeks or rent an apartment I'd rarely stay at..
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
If you don't mind sharing it with dead hookers, I bet Viper has room in his basement.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you don't mind sharing it with dead hookers, I bet Viper has room in his basement.
View Quote

At least they are finally quiet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The human centipede gets longer.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:27:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, there are better ways to automate your reloading setup than by having some unholy abomination crawling on a treadmill.  There is a guy you can chain to a desk for a week at a time that is looking for a room after all.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:33:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dude, there are better ways to automate your reloading setup than by having some unholy abomination crawling on a treadmill.  There is a guy you can chain to a desk for a week at a time that is looking for a room after all.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The reloading setup is already automated. "They" are for brass sorting. Thats what really kills time.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Well quit hitting the DRMO auctions so hard, lol.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well quit hitting the DRMO auctions so hard, lol.
View Quote

I bought it all before Obama got it.

I sold a bit over 400k pieces and still have more then i could ever load unless i got a camdex machine.

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I might have a place, I'll be back in town in about 2 weeks and ill have to meet you, see if you can run my reloading press... LOL
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm getting weary of a roommate constantly late with rent, lying to me and avoiding me.  $575/month, in the College Gate neighborhood.  All utilities included.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm getting weary of a roommate constantly late with rent, lying to me and avoiding me.  $575/month, in the College Gate neighborhood.  All utilities included.
View Quote

Yeh, see this is what I don't want to do... If I'm gonna spend 500$ for two weeks worth of time I'm gonna do it at a beach house on a remote warm somewhere.... Not Anchorage.

Now if someone's got a no contract.. Place to crash. That's what were talking about

And I'm proficient in Dillon Square deal, 550, 1050. And have steady hands to hold the towels over your water boarding victims
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yeh, see this is what I don't want to do... If I'm gonna spend 500$ for two weeks worth of time I'm gonna do it at a beach house on a remote warm somewhere.... Not Anchorage.

Now if someone's got a no contract.. Place to crash. That's what were talking about

And I'm proficient in Dillon Square deal, 550, 1050. And have steady hands to hold the towels over your water boarding victims

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck in finding a rent-free crash pad.  There's no lease or rental agreement here.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:33:28 AM EDT
[#12]
So let me get this straight here. We have a Non Alaskan, (Texan) getting a high paying slope job.  But doesn't want to for over 500-600 for an all expenses paid pad? Well except food, I'm sure. You are saving WAY more than that for airline tickets by staying in AK. We may be a young state. But we aren't falling for those kind of shenanigans. Rent is NOT cheap in AK like elsewhere in the country.

And from what I understand, lots of folks resent out of staters taking jobs that should go to Alaskans. I'm indifferent. I think to hire people that can do the job. Our labor pool is pretty shallow and requires a lot of chlorine..
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:57:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good luck in finding a rent-free crash pad.  There's no lease or rental agreement here.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.  You are working 4/2 with slope wages, looking to live cheap with someone in town.  You won't get much sympathy from too many guys with non-slope incomes, especially with the ripple effects coming down the pike with the slope layoffs, the state government cutbacks, and tertiary cutbacks on down the line.  Hard times are coming fast, hopefully not as bad as 1987.

If it does, I will be buying 4 plexes and 8 plexes like I should have done in the late 80s.

EDIT  DId not see the post by Palidin.  Yes, I am one of those guys who resent the HELL out of out of staters getting in line in front of me for slope jobs.  Even in my field, <<<Even NOW>>> it seems the only way to get a job in this state is to be out of state.  It was true in the early 90's as I found out for myself when the place was staffed by unqualified out of staters with NO experience, and again right friggin now.

Yes, I will probably have to take that job out of state that pays about 30k more than the equivalent job I want HERE, because a recent graduate is leaping at the chance to work in Alaska.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:59:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And from what I understand, lots of folks resent out of staters taking jobs that should go to Alaskans. I'm indifferent. I think to hire people that can do the job. Our labor pool is pretty shallow and requires a lot of chlorine..
View Quote

I agree, it's sad how many guys have fucked their lives up with drugs, DUI's and such at young ages up here. Can hardly get 50% to piss clean or not have a record.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should take this deal.  I am assuming you get the flight paid back to Anch.  Rent in Anchorage is a landlord's market, not a renter's market.

This is a good deal.  Do you already have a car in Anchorage?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Maybe find another slope worker who works a different shift and could split the rent with you?
View Quote

That's probably the best deal.

Its a shame this mentality is everywhere it seems.. A bunch of have nots crying about those that have... Thinking because they have means they can just spend it recklessly...
I prefer to keep adding 5 digits a month, and not spend it without good cause. But I've worked for this spot, and I know it could end any day.

I've housed other gun people for free when they needed a bed, trouble with the wife and need to be away no problem, I've done it... Its a shame karma can't reciprocate in the gun world..
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Its a shame this mentality is everywhere it seems.. A bunch of have nots crying about those that have... Thinking because they have means they can just spend it recklessly...
I prefer to keep adding 5 digits a month, and not spend it without good cause. But I've worked for this spot, and I know it could end any day.

I've housed other gun people for free when they needed a bed, trouble with the wife and need to be away no problem, I've done it... Its a shame karma can't reciprocate in the gun world..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe find another slope worker who works a different shift and could split the rent with you?

But you came here looking for free stuff in an expensive town.  "Good cause" IS putting a roof over your head and not relying on the charity of others ESPECIALLY when you have the means to take care of yourself.

You are drawing the line about an offer for $500/month, when you would rather bank $10,000/month.  WTF?

Have nots crying about those who have?  You are bitching about guys making in town wages about not supporting a nominally single man earning +$120,000 plus a year?  Your audacity astounds me.

Go back to Texas, and take an Okie under each arm.  I hope you don't put in for the PFD.  The thought of that would make me..... angry.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take a hike.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#20]
may have. heard a ton of slopers got laid off the other morning
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#22]
wow I thought 575 was a good deal.  We are here to help and if you were in a place of hardship then I could see things differently but like other said 10k a month and you are  crying about 575?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
wow I thought 575 was a good deal.  We are here to help and if you were in a place of hardship then I could see things differently but like other said 10k a month and you are  crying about 575?
View Quote

I think we need to reverse the bidding process, I've got a sears shed behind my house, ill run an extension cord and throw a sleeping bag in for 600 a month plus electric.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:25:04 AM EDT
[#24]
you can sleep in my garage, we work on a lot of cars, spray a lot of paint and huff a lot of fumes but its warm and has running water.  15% of your yearly income for 100 square feet and that includes use of the shitter.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#25]
40' Conex. Kinda dark inside. Kinda cold inside till it gets warm outside, then kinda hot inside. Sort brass for rent. You can keep the the mixed in steel stuff.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:38:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
40' Conex. Kinda dark inside. Kinda cold inside till it gets warm outside, then kinda hot inside. Sort brass for rent. You can keep the the mixed in steel stuff.
View Quote

Do you occasionally slip a payday under the door to keep your 'renter' fed?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top