Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2015 1:25:29 PM EDT
Where around Fairbanks are geese feeding? beside creamers of course. I came up here from MT and there were tons of wheat fields along the Missouri so it was common sense where you would find the birds near. What about here?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, UAF nailed it.

They aren't here yet though, right?  I haven't seen any at least.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Still at least a month out I would guess
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup, UAF nailed it.

That's what I thought.  Haven't even heard the 'Goosewatcher' commercials yet, but my sense of time has been kind of fucked up lately.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:34:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's what I thought.  Haven't even heard the 'Goosewatcher' commercials yet, but my sense of time has been kind of fucked up lately.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup, UAF nailed it.

I have heard those commercials. I'm hoping to try to pattern them this summer so that when goose season opens I have some decent spots to jump or pass shoot them. I am wondering if they loaf on the ponds around creamers or head to the river or just stay in the fields the whole day and night since it will be light out.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:01:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In the spring, the melt usually leaves a large temporary pond in creamers up close to the road (where you couldnt hunt) in the same area that they feed them

I don't hunt geese so I can't be more specific

Perhaps the Eielson Farm Road area, but again I don't know
View Quote

I hear that Eielson Farm Road area might be good for field sets. Does anyone have contact info for the land owners down there?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top