Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2015 1:23:39 PM EDT
This sounds like a funny question but seeing as how there is very little night time in the early waterfowl season here I am wondering what kinds of schedules the geese are on in the early season. Do they still fly at first light eat and loaf all morning eat again loaf  eat some more and fly back at the end of the day? Or are they late risers up here? Or do they just have more eat, loaf cycles?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:38:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This sounds like a funny question but seeing as how there is very little night time in the early waterfowl season here I am wondering what kinds of schedules the geese are on in the early season. Do they still fly at first light eat and loaf all morning eat again loaf  eat some more and fly back at the end of the day? Or are they late risers up here? Or do they just have more eat, loaf cycles?
View Quote

Depending on where in the state, there is more night than you think there is I think.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Depending on where in the state, there is more night than you think there is I think.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fairbanks. But yeah I'm wondering how the longer daylight affects their behavior
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:26:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you talking hunting or just viewing? During and after Moose season is the best time to hunt them. Their schedule is almost the same as the lower 48 then.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:02:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are you talking hunting or just viewing? During and after Moose season is the best time to hunt them. Their schedule is almost the same as the lower 48 then.
View Quote

Hunting. I may go for Moose but Caribou are much more manageable and interesting to me since I cant hunt them back home in MT. Aside from that I plan on mostly waterfowling this season.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top