Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2015 8:21:40 PM EDT
And people are still idiots.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if there is an ATF sting coming up. Edit:  UAF does have a point.

As a whole, so long as it is away from me (allergic) I don't give a crap so long as there are standards for intoxication, etc.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ha!  Maybe tomorrow they will be smarter...we can always hope
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They just keep updating the software and introducing new bugs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Dealers in Colorado have been caught taking state issued marijuana cards as second form of ID
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:15:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dealers in Colorado have been caught taking state issued marijuana cards as second form of ID
View Quote

Tell me you aren't serious
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:15:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why

Medical MJ has been around for a long time and Im sure some of those people buy guns on 4473's
CO and WA has legal MJ and Im sure some of those people buy guns
I just dont see that happening
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if there is an ATF sting coming up.

Why

Medical MJ has been around for a long time and Im sure some of those people buy guns on 4473's

And yeah I guess you have a point.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:54:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if there is an ATF sting coming up.

Why

ATF stance is that it is not legal at the federal level. Being a medical/"legal recreational" user is an instant disqualifier.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:07:00 AM EDT
[#8]
The really scary part is it's a felony to lie on the form. So state legal user answering no on form turns you into a federal felon.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:56:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:49:14 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL!  I install home internet systems and I've already had customers who's residence was flooded with the stuff.  Apartment managers weren't too happy at one location because drug use is against the rules of the lease.  There's going to be a lot of that going around.  One of the managers mentioned a guy who he told was an idiot because he gets randomly tested but he thought since it's legal now, it didn't matter.  That's not how his employer and their insurer are going to think of it...

Sooner or later I am going to get a contact high from people smoking it while I'm inside installing...

ETA:  Since I wasn't smoking at the time I filled out the 4473's, does that mean I'm good to smoke since I didn't lie?  Then I could theoretically quit before purchasing a new firearms so I'm not lying when filling out the form.  Then decide to bring the new habit back after?

Even my badge says I am background checked and drug tested.

Employers may have to cut back on harsh testing or they may find their job pool severely reduced up here.  It's already small enough as it is.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:37:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Pot heads are not known for being the brightest lamps in the grow room.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
<snip>
View Quote

I like your newsletter and would like to subscribe.
<--- software developer who has had issues with managers/business owners understanding this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll play the devil's advocate. I personally do not smoke the broccoli, but why should I condemn anyone that chooses to? I have several friends and know many more with professional high paying jobs that partake in recreational MJ. These aren't delinquent idiots who sit around all day talking about getting high. They are skilled individuals with families, mortgages, cars, boats, and like to hunt, fish, camp, etc. To me, these are people who enjoy liberty and freedom. I can't help but compare those who choose to judge people for smoking MJ, to the fudds who only think bolt action hunting rifles should be legal because they don't think people need ar15's. I know I know, it's not the same thing. The 2nd Amendment. I get it. But do you get what I'm saying? Sure it may not be my thing, but if it's not hurting or bothering me, why should I care?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Answered my own question, ATF 4473 form asks if you are an unlawful user or addicted to, so if you are smoking legally I guess you are good to go.

On another note,  I see Mr. Rock and Roll is out of business, or at least the S. Cushman location, replaced by an Italian restaurant.  It seems like a critical opportunity for the right entrepreneurs to start pot and paraphernalia shops.  Will we have Amsterdam style coffee houses in the future?

Unless they already have, they should make hemp products legal to produce in the USA again.  It's an awesome textile.  So awesome that back in the day Dupont strove to illegalize hemp because it competed with their cotton sales and you know the rest of the story.  Best hand creme I've ever used was hemp oil based.  We shouldn't be forced to import hemp products anymore.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

<--- software developer who has had issues with managers/business owners understanding this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

I haven't done programming since high school because I hated finding bugs that much  I can't even imagine how much it must suck to create a new environment from scratch.  

Quoted:
Answered my own question, ATF 4473 form asks if you are an unlawful user or addicted to, so if you are smoking legally I guess you are good to go.

On another note,  I see Mr. Rock and Roll is out of business, or at least the S. Cushman location, replaced by an Italian restaurant.  It seems like a critical opportunity for the right entrepreneurs to start pot and paraphernalia shops.  Will we have Amsterdam style coffee houses in the future?

Unless they already have, they should make hemp products legal to produce in the USA again.  It's an awesome textile.  So awesome that back in the day Dupont strove to illegalize hemp because it competed with their cotton sales and you know the rest of the story.  Best hand creme I've ever used was hemp oil based.  We shouldn't be forced to import hemp products anymore.

Never went in there, but I always thought they were a shady as hell chinese to go place.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:42:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You are still an unlawful user under federal law. This has been addressed with medical MJ already

Mr rock n roll is still open. It's on college Rd now
He's in the paper today for getting busted selling spice
View Quote

The college road location has been there well over a decade, nothing new.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is incorrect. The ATF considers someone to be an illegal user even if allowed by state law. Even further they consider possession of a card to be an admission that you are a user, even though theoretically you could be in possession of a card and not use.

Reference letter from ATF: https://www.atf.gov/files/press/releases/2011/09/092611-atf-open-letter-to-all-ffls-marijuana-for-medicinal-purposes.pdf
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#19]
One thing that alot of people forget is that employers can still have a zero policy on MJ, Most employers will drug test after workmans comp , or after vehicle accidents. They can legally do it
all day long, you fail you get fired . Since there is no way to prove if you were impaired at the time of the test of it was just residual . What I find staggering is that teachers don't need UA's , neither do doctors .
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One thing that alot of people forget is that employers can still have a zero policy on MJ, Most employers will drug test after workmans comp , or after vehicle accidents. They can legally do it
all day long, you fail you get fired . Since there is no way to prove if you were impaired at the time of the test of it was just residual . What I find staggering is that teachers don't need UA's , neither do doctors .
View Quote

Banner Health at least did full spectrum UA's for damn near everything when I was working there.  Then again, considering the docs got treated like gods I wouldn't be surprised if  it got 'fudged.'
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I can tell you providence is full of docs that do drugs , ex wife worked there said there was lots of shady stuff , which shocked the crap outta me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top