Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 6:18:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Poor kid...

Didn't take place in the store, so must have been an idiot parent with a carry piece..
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn.  Shame a kiddo is suffering because of some dumbass' stupidity.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:28:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Mother supposedly had her .357 fall out of her holster, round hit kid
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes.  Allegedly fell out of of the mothers holster and struck the hammer on, discharging into the 4 year old leg above the knee.  It hit his femoral artery.  No report on child yet, was conscious and flown to Anchorage.

Proper gear selection.  If your gun can fall out of your holster, you have the wrong holster.  If your gun can discharge by being dropped (taurus), you have the wrong gun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:28:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Dang, sad to hear that, hope the little guy pulls thru ok..hope mom gets a better holster rather then running from guns....
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:54:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:09:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I bet you anything it was a Taurus.  Anything is possible with their shitty guns.  There is a video online of one that fires when the guy shakes it a little.  I have seen reports of their 1911s firing when dropped.  It would not surprise me at all if their revolvers would fire if dropped as well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:28:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought it was virtually impossible for a modern revolver to do that
View Quote

This
How does that happen with a revolver?!
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:29:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Guess I should have died by now with the half dozen Taurus revolvers, 92 and 1911's I have had. Unless you know the facts logan, shush yo face.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Guess I should have died by now with the half dozen Taurus revolvers, 92 and 1911's I have had. Unless you know the facts logan, shush yo face.
View Quote

I will speak my opinion whenever I damn want to.  And its not like its not known that Taurus has shitty quality.  Dont get all butthurt because you invest your ego in products that you buy.

Taurus fires when shaken
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:50:16 AM EDT
[#11]
And glocks have blown up before, whoop dee doo, dont act like a presumptuous twat. A kid takes a bullet and you jump to conclusions that one gun maker out of hundreds is at fault without knowing jack shit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:24:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow, just like GD. Really guys? Totally irrelevant to the child's condition, and probably not your best choice in postings.

Quoted:
And glocks have blown up before, whoop dee doo, dont act like a presumptuous twat. A kid takes a bullet and you jump to conclusions that one gun maker out of hundreds is at fault without knowing jack shit.
View Quote

Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I will speak my opinion whenever I damn want to.  And its not like its not known that Taurus has shitty quality.  Dont get all butthurt because you invest your ego in products that you buy.

Taurus fires when shaken
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I thought it was virtually impossible for a modern revolver to do that
View Quote
Exactly.  Manufacturers have even retrofitted older guns for free to bring them up to the current standard.  They even conduct drop tests. WTF?  Most revolvers and semi-autos are designed now with passive firing pin blocks and disconnects that don't allow the gun to fire unless the trigger pulled/pushed back.

It's something they can't ignore otherwise they get sued out of existence.  Was it an old gun or what?

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes.  Allegedly fell out of of the mothers holster and struck the hammer on, discharging into the 4 year old leg above the knee.  It hit his femoral artery.  No report on child yet, was conscious and flown to Anchorage.

Proper gear selection.  If your gun can fall out of your holster, you have the wrong holster.  If your gun can discharge by being dropped (taurus), you have the wrong gun.
View Quote

my taurus has a hammer transfer bar so mine shouldnt be able to discharge from a blow to the hammer.

the taurus firing video consists of the guy taking a super light single action trigger and what shaking it so that the trigger inertia "pulls" the trigger,
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#15]
My experience has been that these type of situations are rarely as they first appear. I suspect more "Human" involvement.

Until that day,
Darkop
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't make me pull this car over...

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:52:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My experience has been that these type of situations are rarely as they first appear. I suspect more "Human" involvement.

Until that day,
Darkop
View Quote

I generally agree with this as well
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

my taurus has a hammer transfer bar so mine shouldnt be able to discharge from a blow to the hammer.

the taurus firing video consists of the guy taking a super light single action trigger and what shaking it so that the trigger inertia "pulls" the trigger,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It fires with the safety on.  So, there is that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Sample size of one, no history on what has been done to the gun video on the internet from a third world country....

Obviously all taurus firearms are unsafe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top