Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2014 1:07:06 PM EDT
Just wanted to put it out there that my truck was broken into sometime last night in Eagle River. My fullsize HK USP 45 and spare mag was stolen from my center console. A police report has been filed.
The serial # is 25-142401.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, nothing worse than a thief.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
That sucks man. There was a spot on the radio yesterday about the flux of vehicle break ins, averaging something like 17 a day in the Anchorage and surrounding areas.

Hope it turns up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you on the different facebook gun forums?
View Quote

Yes, I'm on a few of the local ones. Do pawn shops and gun stores run serial numbers when they buy guns from folks?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Damn, nothing worse than a thief.
View Quote
Except a thief that steals your gun or dog, there's a special layer of hell reserved for those folk.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just wanted to put it out there that my truck was broken into sometime last night in Eagle River. My fullsize HK USP 45 and spare mag was stolen from my center console. A police report has been filed.
View Quote

Hey where in Eagle River do you live? I live out here too just out of curiousity and it might be a good time to remind my bubble headed fiancee to lock her vehicle up too. I hope the gun gets back to you and the bastard learns his damn lesson.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I believe pawn shops are supposed to report serial numbers
Gun stores no and I bet most dont
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you on the different facebook gun forums?

Yes, I'm on a few of the local ones. Do pawn shops and gun stores run serial numbers when they buy guns from folks?

I believe pawn shops are supposed to report serial numbers
Gun stores no and I bet most dont

I can't believe that gun stores are not required to run the numbers. That makes me hesitant to buy consignment firearms now. Sure would suck to legitimately buy something only to find out it's stolen, let alone get charged with theft by receiving.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hey where in Eagle River do you live? I live out here too just out of curiousity and it might be a good time to remind my bubble headed fiancee to lock her vehicle up too. I hope the gun gets back to you and the bastard learns his damn lesson.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in the Powder Ridge subdivision.
I guess I need to start checking out the local gun stores if they're not required to check serial numbers. That would definitely suck to go to buy a consignment or used gun and have the numbers come back stolen when they do the background check. At least I would hope the numbers would show up as stolen when they ran a background check.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#10]
NICS background check is for the person, not the gun.

No serial number gets transmitted to NICS. Only long gun, handgun, or other (receiver). No make, model, or serial number given.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top