Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2014 4:14:20 PM EDT
I'm trying out snowshoeing with the family this winter.  I've done it before and I enjoyed it.  Looking forward to hiking to some of the Forest Service cabins locally.  Anyway, I'd like to get a pair of snowshoes for my 9 year old daughter.  She's around 70 pounds and with a pack we are probably looking at 85-90 right now.  Anyone else do snowshoeing with kids who can recommend a model or two to check out?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Costco and Sams should have their Tubbs brand ones out by now. I would check them out, I have a set of them and they are fine for what little shoeing I have done. They had kid sizes last winter, should this year too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Atlas is the only brand I have used for many years. They are the ones that stay on while hiking. Try ours out and you will see the difference.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replys.  I'll see what brands they are selling locally.  I may end up picking some up for myself at the outdoor consignment shop.  They had several sets of Atlas snowshoes last time I checked.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the replys.  I'll see what brands they are selling locally.  I may end up picking some up for myself at the outdoor consignment shop.  They had several sets of Atlas snowshoes last time I checked.
View Quote

We had several pairs of these for the Boy Scouts when my kids were young. They work VERY WELL and the bindings are the easiest of any to use. I still use the adult MSR version with "TAILS" every winter. Highly recommended. The model is the "Tyker"

http://www.rei.com/product/776452/msr-denali-tyker-snowshoes-kids

Until that day,
Darkop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top