[#1]
Welcome!

Proud Valley trash here.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Stayin' in AK this winter?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:14:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea, got a new job in the valley until I  PCS with the wife in April.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Right on.  Been to the Birchwood range, yet?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
When you show up to shoot at birchwood , guard your toys , range nazi's more than once have come up to "inspect to make sure your weapon is safe"  only to fiddle with it while you are downrange
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you show up to shoot at birchwood , guard your toys , range nazi's more than once have come up to "inspect to make sure your weapon is safe"  only to fiddle with it while you are downrange
View Quote

Seriously? Been going there for a few years and never seen this happen.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:12:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

I like bringing out weird stuff they have never seen before and they don't know what to do with it. So they don't touch.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't either.  That would certainly make me...freak.  They have a fit when you even approach the bench when others are downrange stapling targets.  They actually fiddled with your rifle ??

I had one of the guys make some comments on my SBRs, but nothing bad.  

I have had a couple of uncomfortable situations as Rabbit Creek, though.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Luckily the place I am staying has a 100 yard range with steel at th bottom of the hill off the back porch. Walk out in slippers and let loose.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Luckily the place I am staying has a 100 yard range with steel at th bottom of the hill off the back porch. Walk out in slippers and let loose.
View Quote

That is awesome.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I like bringing out weird stuff they have never seen before and they don't know what to do with it. So they don't touch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Open bolt MGs are confusing!
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:03:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I haven't either.  That would certainly make me...freak.  They have a fit when you even approach the bench when others are downrange stapling targets.  They actually fiddled with your rifle ??

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. I refuse to shoot there anymore. But then, I recently moved out to the valley, so have no reason to shoot there anyway.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:50:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Happened to me once at Birchwood about 4 years ago. It was the short grey haired bearded puke who worked at one of the Anchorage gun stores. I was like WTF??
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Wasilla is the best 'silla.  Found a pocket range yet?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Me neither.  I did have one shoot my sig brace (I gotta start the NFA game)

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rabbit creek is a no-go for me.  been there once, never will go back.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it is really something.  The bummer is, it is like 2 minutes from my house.  I run down there early on weekdays if I just want to sight one in real quick.  It is a trek to Birchwood, but I still prefer it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:35:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm now a member of the indoor range across from the fair grounds.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:48:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me neither.  I've been a member off and on for 25 years.  It would not surprise me as they seem to have a bunch of douchebags working there the past several years.

That really chaps my ass - they finally are putting some money into the rifle side, but all the 'improvements' seem to be retrograde.  The enclosures are more echo chambers that hurt more than help, as well as restrict access.  More money into range Nazis is NO help.

For God's sake, keep the lanes plowed, target frames fixed up, and pick up all that steel.  That is all I wanted.

Can't run for the board as I am out of town too  much.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:08:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

You move in next to me??

Welcome to the Valley

Aviator
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:43:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Not unless your flying one of the MD-500's or A-Stars that live down the street, haha.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top