Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 1:29:30 AM EDT
http://www.adn.com/article/20141020/3-national-guard-officers-fired-2-second-time

I'm ashamed.   Too little too late- Parnell needs to go along with a lot of other corrupt individuals.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#1]
This is just the 'tip of the ice berg'! So far all they are dong is addressing the sexual harassment side of the issue, what about all of the other B.S. that has been going on for years.  As a whole the Guard is a good group of people, with just a 'few' that think the rules do not apply to them.  It will be interesting to see where this all ends up and what happens in the future!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is just the 'tip of the ice berg'! So far all they are dong is addressing the sexual harassment side of the issue, what about all of the other B.S. that has been going on for years.  As a whole the Guard is a good group of people, with just a 'few' that think the rules do not apply to them.  It will be interesting to see where this all ends up and what happens in the future!
View Quote

Yeah they are only focusing on that for now but there is much more to the whole thing.  I hope it goes more public.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Very sad deal overall.    

His administration is a freakin disaster.  A few buddies of mine from DOC have some absolutely crazy stories about what is going on behind the scenes.  How many other agencies have similar stories?  Parnell just hasn't had a good team surrounding him to keep things on track.  There is no solid avenue in the State system to bring up problems and have them properly investigated.  If you try you will end up like many of the guard members.

I work for DOT.  I have taken information of what many of us believe to be fraudulent hiring all the way to former Department of Administration Commissioner Becky Hultberg, former Division of Personnel and Labor Relations head Nicki Neal, Department of Transportation Commissioner Pat Kemp, Deputy Commissioners, the head State Ombudsman Linda Lord-Jenkins, and my state legislators for almost two years and it was covered up at every turn.  I had hopes the Ombudsman Linda Lord-Jenkins would contact us and truly investigate these matters.  However, she is married to Paul Jenkins who loves to write nasty things in the local papers that we all love to read, and always backs the republican candidate no matter how bad they are.  I wonder how that pillow talk goes?  What can we cover up next babe?  I hope not, but it doesn't look good from where I sit.  I mentioned this to Bill Walker and he immediately came to where I work to see first hand what I was talking about and talked to employees of mine almost a year ago.  It isn't that hard to fix, you just have to care.  

I worked on Sarah's campaign when she ran, and helped Sean when he came onboard with us after his primary win.  It's a shame to see the wheels come off his administration like this.  He just can't seem to put a good team together to get the job done.  I hope the victims and families of those affected by the guard scandal get the justice they deserve.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought the Knowles administration was a disaster. Parnell is in a race to the bottom.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I am not voting for governor this time around.  I don't like Parnell and based on principle can't vote for Walker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top