Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2014 4:26:09 PM EDT
If you were to belive everything all the adds say about the candidates the conclusion I come to is they both must be turds and not worthy of office.

This was how I felt listening to all the pre election run up in 2012 in Montana when I was living there. It seemed like John Tester and Denny Rehberg were both giant turds in a punchbowl if you listened to the adds. As it turned out Tester (who ended up winning) was and still is a huge peice of crap, very two faced when it comes to representing vets and protecting gun and land rights as well a the most vocal supporter of obama care when it was a new topic.

What would you think, say, or do with regards to this?

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Who can beat Begich?

We'll pick up the pieces and try again in 6 years.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Vote the turd in office out, might still have a turd but at least its a fresh one.  Might not like the way it smells but if you don't replace the turds often sometime they grow then they can get to big to flush.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:21:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Sullivan so democrates loose senate, need to get rid of harry reid.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully everyone else is thinking this way too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:37:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:47:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you were to belive everything all the adds say about the candidates the conclusion I come to is they both must be turds and not worthy of office.

View Quote

Begich is a lying,  Democrat. Thus, Sullivan isn't all that bad.

In actuality, my dog would make a better Senator than the weasel Begich.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive been struggling with this very decision. I don't like either one of them but its finally come down to "anyone but a Obummer voting democrate" .   Hope to god we take back the Senate.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't believe everything you hear in election ads - look at long-term history of the men. What they say in an election is to get elected. What they have done in the past shows who they are and what we can expect them to do.

Both are career politicians.

Both have done things I don't agree with.

But of the two, Sullivan is the clear choice. He might not be the best we could have, but he is the best of the choices we have by far. You only have to look at Begich's record to know that. Also, some of Begich's ads have clearly twisted or flatly ignored the truth. But both politicians are going to use any leverage they can against the other. It is their history that needs to be considered.

Like I said before, in the primary, you vote for the best candidate. In the general election, you vote for the best of the choices you have, even if the best candidate isn't running.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Why is this even a question?  Dan Sullivan.  Just voting for him helps to get rid of Harry Reid and show the obstruction Obama whines about is not coming from Republicans in Congress.  Plus, Begich voted for ObamaCare.

I don't find Sullivan scummy at all.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Whoever wins will likely vote on at least one Supreme Court justice. This is the most important thing about this election. This is what makes a difference for the next 30+ years, not just the 6 years they may be in office.

Begich voted for Sotomayor and Kagan.

McDonald v Chicago
The Breyer-Sotomayor-Ruth Bader Ginsburg dissent urged that Heller be overruled and declared, “In sum, the Framers did not write the Second Amendment in order to protect a private right of armed self defense.”

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Whoever wins will likely vote on at least one Supreme Court justice.

View Quote
This. We already know how Begich votes.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whoever wins will likely vote on at least one Supreme Court justice.

He follows his uterus...
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Not to speak of politics , but Andrew long(libertarian LT govener candidate) went to college with me. Good guy. Gets my vote.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#14]
If both are turds, I would choose the lesser turd. Sullivan.

Bag Itch has got to go.

Would have preferred Miller over both, but he's no longer an option.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If both are turds, I would choose the lesser turd. Sullivan.

Bag Itch has got to go.

Would have preferred Miller over both, but he's no longer an option.

View Quote

That's a fact and well stated... The bottom line is that Begich needs to go!!  I hope that people who really don't care for either Sullivan or Begich will not sit it out and refuse to vote in the upcoming elections... That's the only way Begich can win and he is hoping that enough people will be pissed with/that the system and just stay home on election day.  I could be totally wrong here, but the way "I" see it, anybody that doesn't vote on November 4th, supports Begich.

Everybody needs to stay focused on the Number 1 goal and toss out Begich BEFORE him, Reid and the President can do further damage to this great country!!

Life can suck at times and often, we have no real choice but to settle for the lesser of two evils... Trust me, I know!!  I've been married twice!!  
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Sullivan. One day I'll vote Libertarian but not until the dems are beat down to the point of no longer being a threat.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Sullivan did not do himself any favors in Aniak.

Would not talk to women and ignored them.

Dodged a lot of question too.
I am not voting for the begich.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I grew tired of political ads years ago. All you hear is "this guy/that guy, is a douche."

Why vote for either one?

My opinion is that if everyone running for office are douche bags, so none of them should be voted for.

ALL citizens should take a stand and NOT VOTE. Show them we're tired of the bs, lies, and mistrust.
Seriously, the word should be spread... Start a website / unaffiliated organization, so that we can take a stand against these idiots.

Warren Keogh is a good guy, honest, and I've known him for few decades. However, political office seems to corrupt people... So I wish him luck, but I won't be voting for any candidates.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I grew tired of political ads years ago. All you hear is "this guy/that guy, is a douche."

Why vote for either one?

My opinion is that if everyone running for office are douche bags, so none of them should be voted for.

ALL citizens should take a stand and NOT VOTE. Show them we're tired of the bs, lies, and mistrust.
Seriously, the word should be spread... Start a website / unaffiliated organization, so that we can take a stand against these idiots.

Warren Keogh is a good guy, honest, and I've known him for few decades. However, political office seems to corrupt people... So I wish him luck, but I won't be voting for any candidates.
View Quote

Yes, the negativity is hard to take but at least they serve to highlight differences.  The campaign McCain waged against Obama turned my stomach, with huge and significant differences completely unmentioned by the campaign.  McCain took the high road and lost, keeping his honor intact and putting a wildly unqualified person with a lot of unanswered questions about his past into office.  Anymore, the name McCain = loser.

I would rather take mudslinging as proof there is a no holds barred campaign being FOUGHT and not abdicated.

This campaign reinforces that Begich is a hard liberal and he does not shrink from that label.  We know Sullivan's shortcomings and we can judge for ourselves whether they will impact his performance as a senator representing Alaska.

as usual, YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:27:23 PM EDT
[#20]
They're each owned by different Corporations which Corporate interest do you want to own your state ?
I will vote for Sullivan however it is not a vote for Sullivan, it is a vote against Begitch. I really don't care for either.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:26:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm not voting against Begich himself as much as I am voting against the judges he votes for; and against those who want to fundamentally transform this country, who he votes with.

End result is the same.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm voting the Obama democrat out!! He had many chances to show his independence from the Democratic party but didn't
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#24]
My voting station off 24th is sketchy to say the least.... I felt so out of place.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:19:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Looks like Sullivan has this one, take that jug ears
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Begich always struck me as the nerd in high school that let the jocks get away with giving him wedgies, locking him in his locker, et cetera, because he figured it was better than taking the pummeling he knew they COULD dish out.  He could have been an Alaskan hero if he had voted against Obamacare, but instead he showed that he wasn't an independent voice, but just another boot-licking democrat.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Begich always struck me as the nerd in high school that let the jocks get away with giving him wedgies, locking him in his locker, et cetera, because he figured it was better than taking the pummeling he knew they COULD dish out.  He could have been an Alaskan hero if he had voted against Obamacare, but instead he showed that he wasn't an independent voice, but just another boot-licking democrat.
View Quote
Yep.  Other Democrat senators had no problem demanding a payoff in exchange for their votes.  Begich was happy to roll over and be a team player for Obamacare.  He could have asked for ANWR to be opened, but he didn't.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm a bit nervous calling it already.  Are the votes in from the bush?  Surely the villages all voted to continue the hand outs.

PS.  Are votes are counted in the village?  Voter fraud there?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
There are still 20,000 absentee votes that have to be counted

Unlikely to swing it, but it won't be official until those are counted
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a bit nervous calling it already.  Are the votes in from the bush?  Surely the villages all voted to continue the hand outs.

How long post election it normally take you guys?  Get with the times :D

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Bagitch should save Alaskans the extra expense and go ahead and concede.  He should know by now that we don't want him around anymore!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unlikely, but possible.  Keep counting until you get the results you want. Isn't the how its done?
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#34]
AOSHQDD called the AK Senate race for Sullivan.  They have never made an incorrect projection.  Their guy says Begich is doing all the usual things and is overstating the number of uncounted ballots by 3x.  He says it's 30,000, it's more like 10,000, and Sullivan leads by 8,000.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
AOSHQDD called the AK Senate race for Sullivan.  They have never made an incorrect projection.  Their guy says Begich is doing all the usual things and is overstating the number of uncounted ballots by 3x.  He says it's 30,000, it's more like 10,000, and Sullivan leads by 8,000.
View Quote

It really does surprise me that Begich could have lost, given the non-stop promotion of him by most of the Alaska media outlets for the last 6 years.  You can't buy the kind of good press he's gotten.  Add that to the highly transient Anchorage population with no collective memory that elected him mayor, and I thought he would be Senator for Life.

Perhaps it is the media outlets I read and listen to, and perhaps because I am hypersentive to him, but it seems every week I heard an opinion from him, and saw a puff piece in the Daily Worker every time I opened it up.

If the national mood were not so anti-Democrat this election, he would be Senator for the next 30 years.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#36]
It's official.  Begich lost.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
But the little bitch won't concede.  I'm enjoying watching his wretched political career crash and burn.

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
But the little bitch won't concede.  I'm enjoying watching his wretched political career crash and burn.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't count him out.  Love him or hate the ground he treads, he has very strong political skills.

That man won't have to work an honest job in his life.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Don't count him out.  Love him or hate the ground he treads, he has very strong political skills.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He'll never be governor.  So what is there left for him to do? Fill vending machines like he used to do? He will move to Washington DC where the money is.  
Watch. But he won't make much there since the majority is GOP and he only served 1 term as US senator who got there under freak circumstances.  He doesn't have a university degree, let alone a law degree.  The more I think about it, maybe he would be better off trying to run for governor. But he'd be up against Hollis French and other long time players in Alaska.

Ok, thinking about it, he will run against Don Young in 2 years for House of Representatives.  That's his most logical move, even if it is a move down.  But that's still a statewide race, where he only won in a fluke.

I hope he moves to Washington, just for him to look like an utter hypocrite after everything he said about Dan Sullivan.  If he runs for office, it'll be against Don Young or for his seat if Young dies/retires.

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:43:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Yes, that's what I'm hearing.  He will get some cushy appointment in the Obama administration to keep him relevant for the next two years.  Then they will make a decision based on the outlook for the next election.

Begich is like the floating turd in the toilet.  No matter how many times you flush, he keeps on swirling around the drain but never goes down.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Yes, that's what I'm hearing.  He will get some cushy appointment in the Obama administration to keep him relevant for the next two years.
View Quote
?!?!?

The man who said he was "A thorn in Obama's ass" as a selling point in his campaign to Alaskans?  Obama was genuinely offended by Democrats like Begich distancing themselves from him to save their own skins.  He's not going to give them jobs.

I think it's highly doubtful he'll find working for Obama in his long term political interests as well, because Obama is going down in the history books as the worst president we've had since Andrew Johnson or Buchanan.  

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
?!?!?  

The man who said he was "A thorn in Obama's ass" as a selling point in his campaign to Alaskans?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, that's what I'm hearing.  He will get some cushy appointment in the Obama administration to keep him relevant for the next two years.
?!?!?  

The man who said he was "A thorn in Obama's ass" as a selling point in his campaign to Alaskans?  

He was only a"thorn" when Harry Reid gave him permission to do so. Otherwise he was as much an Obamabot as the rest.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#43]
He ceded, cue the "Well, bye" pics.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:58:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Apparently a lot of us felt that way. I don't think republican is much better anymore I would prefer to vote libertarian if I believed that candidate had a chance in hell of winning.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#46]
well that's good that Mark Bagodicks got fired. This year was close on a lot of issues in a lot of states. My former home state of WA just passed some despicable crap making it illegal to sell a fire arm with out a back ground check to anyone but immediate family. I'm becoming more ashamed by the day to have to say I grew up there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top