Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 12:54:48 AM EDT
Hi I just moved to Fairbanks from Denver, my co worker told me about this forum! I'm stoked to meet other AR15 members!

I'm working at Sublime Line Tattoo as an Artist, I'm new here but have 8 years experience! I would love to build a clientele of happy ar15 members! I can provide discounted Tattooing if you verify your screen name! I love doing animals and military tattoo art!

I'm planning to sight in my rifles at the Cushman rifle range so you may see me there!

I can provide links to my gallery of Tattoos if anyone is interested in new ink and helping me build a name in this awesome city! I take barters too!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:48:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome and welcome! !! I will be needing a tattoo of a pin up model this winter so i will be hitting you up for sure!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome! My name is Greg if you ever wanna stop by the shop and check out my portfolio in the mean time! Looking forward to meeting some of you!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome and I hope you are prepared for cold weather.  The crew at Sublime Line is a good bunch, and Rev. Mikey is considered one of the best in the area.  Btw, is Jason still the shop monkey out there?  I do ask that you remember to give Sig's pinup girl a handlebar mustache.  He likes the tickle  (don't taze me bro)

There is a good group of folks on here though.  Do you do any hunting or fishing?  A lot of calibers are rare/expensive right now as a heads up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome and I hope you are prepared for cold weather.  The crew at Sublime Line is a good bunch, and Rev. Mikey is considered one of the best in the area.  Btw, is Jason still the shop monkey out there?  I do ask that you remember to give Sig's pinup girl a handlebar mustache.  He likes the tickle  (don't taze me bro)

There is a good group of folks on here though.  Do you do any hunting or fishing?  A lot of calibers are rare/expensive right now as a heads up.
View Quote

I'm not sure I don't think we have a Jason, Justen F. Is the owner! We are all outdoorsmen and hunters or fisherman, along with my portfolio that is how I got hired because we share common passions for art and outdoors and AR15's.

Yes Mikey is a great tattooer and pretty cool cat! I have some cold weather gear but I'm always im search for more, mainly worried about my toes getting frostbite.

Please don't advertise in the HTF
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Baffin boots are some of the absolute best but will run you $150-300 a set.  If you are going to be out in the cold more than an hour, they are the way to go.  Walmart also sells mylar treated fabric glove and boot liners that work very well.  Big thing to remember is that layers are a necessity.  Sweating will kill you just as fast as going outside naked.  A lot of the outdoor shops carry socks made out of marino wool.  They are expensive but worth it.  Will keep you warm even if they get wet, unlike cotton and synthetics.  Plus, they aren't scratchy like regular wool.

If you are just chopping firewood/shoveling the driveway, you don't need to go crazy on boots or whatnot.  Really common thing around here to be said is buy once, cry once.  If you are already paying $150 on boots, just pay the extra for the damn good ones.

The 20 is a good gun, although 10mm is kind of hard to find reliably right now.  I'd look for something more in a Redhawk .44 to be honest.  Either way, be ready for a heart attack when you see ammo prices.  Can't order online either.*

Would have sworn a guy I went to school with was working there as the counter guy.  *shrug*  Could have been a different shop.

*You can "technically" order ammo online, but shipping up here is just fucking insane.  Have to ship to a freight forwarder in Seattle and barge it up.  Unless you are buying a half pallet, it isn't worth it.  Otherwise, buy when you visit the states and fly back with it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thinking about buying some KENETREK boots would you suggest those, I want to do some hunting in the snow so I'm willing to pay for them. Yah I just shipped a bunch of stuff from Denver, my LWRC front site got damaged by USPS and a few boxes were torn and tattered!

It's costed me atleast half of my plane ticket to ship all my stuff, I hope I don't have to move anytime soon.

Turns out 3 of us were in the Army, all went to Benning and saw some action in Iraq or Afghanistan
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to Sportsmens warehouse and tried on the Kenetrek Extreme mountain boot. It was the most rigid and a hard boot I have ever worn I understand it takes time to break in but I don't see this boot ever being comfortable for me. Can someone recommend a boot with 400 g to 1000 g of insulation material that actually keep your feet warm and waterproof?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Baffins
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:01:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Just a heads up on some work I've been doing here in Fairbanks

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 3:07:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://s28.postimg.org/jx45eyox9/image.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pftcdWp.jpg
View Quote

Pretty good work
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 3:41:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Pretty good work
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty good work

If I could find out how to post images I would show more
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:51:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty good work

It's an anti spamming feature.  Pretty much all team members get an approve/block message below your links.  After enough people click approve, you'll be vetted to post pics without that.  Site had a spam attack several times over the last few months, so staff is returning fire.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to Interior Alaska.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 2:41:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top