Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2014 8:16:48 PM EDT
Hey Doorgunner84,
Did you ever get your Gemtech Quicksand mounted on a rifle? if so, did you see in improvement or degradation of accuracy with that can? I'm thinking about sending mine back and having it converted to a Sandstorm. Every gun I've mounted it on has had worse accuracy with the can than without.

Until that day,
Darkop
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know if he's deployed?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Still around, it's been a busy rescue season...

Right now I've been using my quicksand on a 10" AR in .300BLK.  I did a hasty zero on it up at my cabin, but hadn't really been able to really get a good day at the range to sight it in.  

I plan on putting a ACOG on my .300BLK and taking it deer hunting in Wisconsin in November, so, I should have something to report back within a few weeks.  I haven't noticed any gross POI shift in my 10" AR, but I don't have a bunch of room up at my cabin, it's been mostly clanging steel at about 50 yards.

ETA:  
sorry about taking so long to get back to ya, I don't venture outside the .Mil forum much anymore.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still around, it's been a busy rescue season...

Right now I've been using my quicksand on a 10" AR in .300BLK.  I did a hasty zero on it up at my cabin, but hadn't really been able to really get a good day at the range to sight it in.  

I plan on putting a ACOG on my .300BLK and taking it deer hunting in Wisconsin in November, so, I should have something to report back within a few weeks.  I haven't noticed any gross POI shift in my 10" AR, but I don't have a bunch of room up at my cabin, it's been mostly clanging steel at about 50 yards.

ETA:  
sorry about taking so long to get back to ya, I don't venture outside the .Mil forum much anymore.
View Quote

Good to hear your using it! I can't decide if I want to just run mine on my Noveske Leonidas or send it back to Gemtech and have it converted to a Sandstorm. Good luck in Wisconsin!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top