Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2014 2:22:08 AM EDT
Anyone know a place to get my latest SBR engraved with my trust info ?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FWIW, remember that to be legal, they must have an FFL

Does Valley Armory do it?
View Quote

James does have a laser engraver but I don't know if it goes deep enough for SBR requirements.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I asked them and was told there laser doesn't go deep enough.

Quoted:

James does have a laser engraver but I don't know if it goes deep enough for SBR requirements.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FWIW, remember that to be legal, they must have an FFL

Does Valley Armory do it?

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
From what i understand theirs only just barely burns the surface. He is supposed to be getting set up in the next few months do to real engraving, i thought.

If i can get my to do list down i have a cnc that will do it. Just don't have time or patience right now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried to be a good boy and do it local (anchorage) with the shop recommended in some threads I found on Alaska Outdoors Forum by others, and by Wild West. Never again. It was so screwed up I had to have someone make a decal to cover the magwell that was ruined -it still showed under Cerakoting. Etched and not engraved, edges were all chipped, and it was HUGE lettering unlike what I wanted/asked for. And still raw aluminum colored, not blackened. I then sent mine to Ident online and could NOT be happier - plus they had more location options, like what I used, under the trigger guard.

And... from what I learned... get it engraved FIRST, before submitting paperwork. That way if it gets screwed up like mine was, you can use a different lower for your tax stamp. Once it's submitted, you are locked to that lower.

My next will be sent to Ident without hesitation. Just my .02$ worth.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I talked to tri jet in palmer they said they would do it while i wait . so my pps43 will be there soon
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It was so screwed up I had to have someone make a decal to cover the magwell that was ruined -it still showed under Cerakoting.
View Quote
You can fill the engraving, and then recoat.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was so screwed up I had to have someone make a decal to cover the magwell that was ruined -it still showed under Cerakoting.

Tried that... even though you could not feel it, or really see it, once it was cerakoted you could actually see it slightly again. Something with the difference in the metal texture vs the fill. But all moot... got a cool decal that I love covering it and no one is the wiser. Ever the few people that have asked where I got it

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I tried to be a good boy and do it local (anchorage) with the shop recommended in some threads I found on Alaska Outdoors Forum by others, and by Wild West. Never again. It was so screwed up I had to have someone make a decal to cover the magwell that was ruined -it still showed under Cerakoting. Etched and not engraved, edges were all chipped, and it was HUGE lettering unlike what I wanted/asked for. And still raw aluminum colored, not blackened. I then sent mine to Ident online and could NOT be happier - plus they had more location options, like what I used, under the trigger guard.

And... from what I learned... get it engraved FIRST, before submitting paperwork. That way if it gets screwed up like mine was, you can use a different lower for your tax stamp. Once it's submitted, you are locked to that lower.

My next will be sent to Ident without hesitation. Just my .02$ worth.  
View Quote

I posted a thread here, and searched, came up empty.  I sent all mine to Ident and did the trigger area.

My last 2 took 3 months to return.  The guys in the Class 3 forum are recommending Grey Laser, and are getting one week turns

Yours is the first I had heard that someone tried local.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:11:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I talked to tri jet in palmer they said they would do it while i wait . so my pps43 will be there soon
View Quote

Did you get this done?  How did it turn out?  Cost?  Thanks!!!  I'm really thinking about doing a SBR 10-22 and an AR and would like to stay local if I can find someone that actually knows what they are doing and won't mess my stuff up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:01:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Trijet did great work on a flat piece like my PPS43 , and did it fairly reasonably . but when I asked them to do my sten tube they quoted me $200 , Yeah that's right $200 TO ENGRAVE
They dont really seem to want to any sort of gun work even though they are a machine shop with a manufacturing license . Ship it out of town if I have to do it again, I will .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top