Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2014 4:59:45 PM EDT
Where's the best place for mens short haircut buzzes?  Not saying cheapest, I know the guy on S. Cushman.  I used to go to 907 Organic Haircare because there was a lady there who's cut always seem to last much longer than when others do it.  But she had to up and leave the state cause her husband rotated bases.

If only Flowbees gave shorter cuts! (Yeah, they still make them)
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could help ya.  Rach always does mine for me.

I've heard the badger rd barber is good, but never been out there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Old Joe on south cushman is a hoot (yyyyeeeeaaap, mmmmmhmmmm, that's right, as he says)

I go to the place next to Mayflower buffet. I usually get an $8 buzz but too end for me was $13.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ft Wainwright

The less english they speak the better
Seriously

View Quote

Best I got was a Filipino woman who used to cut hair near a local base.  Almost no english, best damn cut ever.

I was over at Mayflower today, almost went to that barber shot across the way.  Been there before, can't remember how it went.

Down in Las Vegas they have these places called Sport Clips or something.  Basically for guys.  Like a sports bar, but for hair.  Sports on wide screens, hair cutting chicks dressed in referee uniforms.  Never seen a male barber in one, just women.  Cut includes a hair shampoo in a vibrating chair.  For another $5 you get a shoulder and head massage.  Return neck trims are always free.  Another $5 probably gets you in the champagne room...

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#5]
One in Missoula, MT called the man cave. Walk in and they hand you a beer, usually big sky brewery, and get a hair cut. That was awesome.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Suki's on Airport way down by safeway.  $20 but she will cut it the way you want.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:54:33 AM EDT
[#7]
If she does yours, which I've seen, good enough for me.  I'll try her next.

I looked into Alaska Barber next to the May Flower buffet but there were too many people in there.  I walked into 907 Organic Hair Care and got a cut from someone I had never seen before.  I wasn't entirely pleased, no vacuum or wash so I had to shower after to get the hair off.

Thing is there are like three places to get your hair cut in that strip mall on Airport and University.  Sometime I walked around the corner where the shop owner just rents out the boots to independent cutters/stylists.

I don't have a military contractor ID anymore so I think Ft. Wainwright is out.  All I want is a military buzz, high and tight.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:47:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I go to Perfect Look by Fred's East and the ladies there always seem pretty competent. They also give the most amazing shampoos/scalp message.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top