Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The problem is Juneau. There are too many government employees in Alaska. Anchorage has turned into a welfare state. Alaska government is bloated and needs to be cut by more than half IMO.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The problem is Juneau. There are too many government employees in Alaska. Anchorage has turned into a welfare state. Alaska government is bloated and needs to be cut by more than half IMO.
View Quote

Spoken like someone who has no clue at all. Although we are a welfare state due to the PFD going out every year. Free money from the government. Make a stand and don't accept yours.
LOL
Pat
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Spoken like someone who has no clue at all. Although we are a welfare state due to the PFD going out every year. Free money from the government. Make a stand and don't accept yours.
LOL
Pat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Pat

LOL.  

Why does he not have a clue?  Why is he wrong?  Details please.    Please list why.  Otherwise, stop whining about the COC and man up.

This state could not hope to pay for the government we have if it were not for that massive accident of geology paying for it all.  Good God - how much could this state afford with NY scale of taxation?  You, for one and many others, would be out of a job if not subsidized by Big Oil.

With regards to the PFD, it only exists because politicians could not spend that much money in the first place, but they sure tried.  I am not principled enough to turn it down, but I do know people who do not take any government cheese out of principle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:27:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

LOL.  

Why does he not have a clue?  Why is he wrong?  Details please.    Please list why.  Otherwise, stop whining about the COC and man up.

This state could not hope to pay for the government we have if it were not for that massive accident of geology paying for it all.  Good God - how much could this state afford with NY scale of taxation?  You, for one and many others, would be out of a job if not subsidized by Big Oil.

With regards to the PFD, it only exists because politicians could not spend that much money in the first place, but they sure tried.  I am not principled enough to turn it down, but I do know people who do not take any government cheese out of principle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Pat

LOL.  

Right back at you he needs to show evidence that the government is double staffed. He made the claim he gets to back it up. But he can't because its false. Most of the anti government nut jobs start stuttering when you ask them specifics of which programs they would cut and how they would handle the problems those agencies addressed.  Typical whack job stuff.
Pat
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Right back at you he needs to show evidence that the government is double staffed. He made the claim he gets to back it up. But he can't because its false. Most of the anti government nut jobs start stuttering when you ask them specifics of which programs they would cut and how they would handle the problems those agencies addressed.  Typical whack job stuff.
Pat
View Quote

BTDT.

1)  You would not seriously address any points anyone raises

2)  You would probably whine about the COC when folks get tired of trying to debate a point with you.

3)  I don't give a hoot about anything you say.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
That ignore button is handy for things like that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
There's an ignore button?  COOL!  I didn't realize that.  What does it do?  I'm sure I'd like to use it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

BTDT.

2)  You would probably whine about the COC when folks get tired of trying to debate a point with you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pat

BTDT.

1.I address all your points with counter points, you just don't take any conflicting point of view seriously.  (kind of like you ignored the fact the poster did not list any facts to back up his claim that government should be cut in half because that does not fit with your anti government  ideology.)
2. When you start to lose an argument you start violating COC with childish insults.
3. The feeling is mutual.
Pat
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top