Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2014 9:57:04 PM EDT
The grand opening was today in the Lowe's parking lot.  I didn't get a chance to grab a beer because of my worsening condition but the food was pretty good.  They even have Villante's Meatballs (local company) that is amazing.  Hoodoo beer is on tap as well.

Give em a shot, but expect to spend $15 a person or so.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
We concur. Sucks they ran out of meatballs just as we sat down but the King Roll was great. I had a few HooDoo Kolsh's and ole Dan happened to be 2 tables behind us.

We got out for $40 before tip with 2 sandwiches, 3 beers and a side of fries.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We concur. Sucks they ran out of meatballs just as we sat down but the King Roll was great. I had a few HooDoo Kolsh's and ole Dan happened to be 2 tables behind us.

We got out for $40 before tip with 2 sandwiches, 3 beers and a side of fries.
View Quote

Rachael had the last meatball sammich  I had the king roll too and it was pretty damn tasty

Two sammiches, sodas (diet for my fat ass ) and french onion soups was $32 before tip.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#3]
We went last Saturday and they were out of bread :(.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We went last Saturday and they were out of bread :(.
View Quote

I'm not entirely sure how a sub shop runs out of bread  Probably explains why they were closed till today.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to DQ and Cold Stone and both were out of Chocolate icecream.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#6]
We will try them again shortly.  Hopefully there sandwiches are good!
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Just walked into the joint and sat down.  Going for the meatball roll.

ETA: Aftermath

I found my roll to be kind of hard like it was either somewhat stale before toasting, or toasted too long.  Being so dry I could have used more sauce.  The meatballs themselves were good, and I always get them at the fair.  The french onion soup was just okay, could have used a little more toasted crouton and it was a bit weak in flavor - but then FO soup is one of my favorite things that I hold to very critical standards.  The waitress caught me dipping my sandwich into my soup like a french dip au jus, which made it easier to eat the hoagie.  I also had the Island salad.  Meh.

I don't drink alcohol let alone spend time in bars but as bars go, I don't think I would enjoy drinking there so much.  If you sit on the stools at the bars, you either get to look at a drab wall or right at the TV.  People are left and right but you would have to lean in or out to see them/talk to them.  Just not much to look at unless you like what's on the screen then I suppose awesome since you are only a few feet away from it. They played only heavy metal rock when I was in there, was wondering if that's all they play in there.

Link Posted: 4/30/2014 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just walked into the joint and sat down.  Going for the meatball roll.
View Quote

Enjoy.  Villante's does good meatballs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a friend who has gone twice
She said both times they were out of most everything and they ended up with a crappy salad the first time and the second time they just walked out

View Quote

Wow.  That kind of sucks.  Guess I got lucky on opening day then.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a friend who has gone twice
She said both times they were out of most everything and they ended up with a crappy salad the first time and the second time they just walked out

View Quote

Unfortunate.  I will give them more time then.  I suppose the food is good if they keep selling it and running out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top