Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2014 12:43:15 PM EDT
Any suggestions?  I need about 6 test holes drilled and some avalanche risk studies done, but I don't know anyone in the area.

Hopefully someone on this site knows someone in the business.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Advanced blasting in Wasilla comes to mind. Though the owner is an ass at times.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure google will help here, but I seem to remember using Geotechnical Services of Alaska quite a while ago at work.  For the life of me I can't remember anything about them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Advanced blasting in Wasilla comes to mind. Though the owner is an ass at times.
View Quote

I work well with asses, maybe I'll give him a call.  My potential project is down at the Chugach state park area, but Wasilla isn't terribly far away.  Access will be pretty bad so I need all terrain services I'd bet, but I imagine anyone in AK is used to that.

I'll give him a call, thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The company I am familiar with does oilfield seismic testing.  

https://www.sbn.com/POPP2.aspx?i=ycDN&q=Western-Geophysical-Co&c=Anchorage&s=Alaska

I doubt they could help you, but maybe they  know someone who could.

have you tried the state Department of Transportation?  They deal with avalanche control & clearing:

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]
send me an email describe what you're trying to do and I'll get you a contact at DOT that knows all.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:48:39 AM EDT
[#6]
gal I tried to date did that, she didn't want to be drilled....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top