Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Misconduct involving weapons in the second degree is a class B felony.

Alaska Statutes Title 11. CRIMINAL LAW
Chapter 11.61. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER
Sec. 11.61.195. Misconduct involving weapons in the second degree.
(a) A person commits the crime of misconduct involving weapons in the second degree if the person knowingly
(6) is less than 21 years of age and knowingly possesses a deadly weapon, other than an ordinary pocket knife or a defensive weapon, that is concealed on the person.
Sec. 11.61.195. Misconduct involving weapons in the second degree.

~R
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, Sir!
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 4:28:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Governor Parnell signed HB 319 into law in May, 2010, which makes CLEO signatures on ATF Form 4 mandatory within 30 days for all applications submitted by qualified applicants.

The text:

Sec. 18.65.810. Execution of federal firearms forms. (a) The chief

administrative officer of a municipal police department for a person who resides in the

municipality and the head of the Alaska state troopers for a person who resides in the

state but does not reside in a municipality with a police department shall execute

within 30 days federal firearms forms required to be submitted by the person as a

transferee of a firearm if the person is qualified under state law to possess the firearm.

Link Posted: 5/21/2012 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome post, great information, but I have to add an important clarification:
Originally Posted By Ripak:
Alaska State of,
Places You Can’t Carry In Alaska.

AS 11.61.220

Any place where intoxicating liquor is sold for
consumption on the premises, except a restaurant where the
person carrying the firearm did not consume intoxicating
liquor.

This is true only if you are carrying a concealed handgun. That is, open carry in a restaurant (which serves alcohol) is illegal in this state. (See AS 11.61.220(d)(1)(B) [apologies if this is not a perfectly accurate legal citation –– IANAL])

IANAL, but so far as I can tell this is the only provision in AK state law that restricts open carry differently than concealed carry (aside from the fact that you have to be 21 for the latter but not the former). I've written a couple of times to my state reps about this (as far as I'm concerned, the fix is to allow open carry in restaurants that serve alcohol), and received only silence in response.

I know CCW is the more popular method to carry, but since there's no clarification that "carry" here isn't meant to apply equally to open carry I thought I should point out this distinction in the law.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top