Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 7/5/2017 9:52:10 PM EDT
Apparently on July 1st short barrelled rifles became legal in Iowa.  No clue on how to go about getting one, doing the trust, and applying for a stamp?  Someone point me in the right direction?

I sincerely appreciate your time.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
A sticky wouldn't be a bad idea if someone in the know would do a write up.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a few stamps now and have several pending.  From submitted the paperwork myself and also going through the process with Silencer Shop, I will say the process with Silencer Shop was quicker/easier.  You can submit SBS and SBR paperwork now through them as well.  I just used them to submit for a SBS stamp on a trust.

Go to the "Armory" discussion forum on this site and read through the tacked threads at the top.  PM me  and I will walk you through any questions you still have.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Apparently on July 1st short barrelled rifles became legal in Iowa.  No clue on how to go about getting one, doing the trust, and applying for a stamp?  Someone point me in the right direction?

I sincerely appreciate your time.
View Quote

I set my trust up through the Silencer Shop also.  Did the SBR paperwork through them this week also.  Easy and correct the first time, and that is worth some money right there.  Yes, you could do it all yourself, but I figured, why should I take the chance just to save a few bucks?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I had Brownells do my Form 4 suppressor transfer. They had all the paperwork, finger print cards and photo ID information. It was an easy deal. Mine is an individual , however.

Are you wanting to convert an existing rifle to an SBR or purchase a new one?

Brad
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you.  I plan on a suppressor next but want the rifle to shoot while i wait.  Im going Cmmg Mutant AKS8, in 7.62x39.  Absolutely love my AKS13 but the krink is welded and pinned making it 16".  Cmmg has already emailed me back with the thread specs and told me ill be able to trade the suppressor and Krink back and forth at will.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had Brownells do my Form 4 suppressor transfer. They had all the paperwork, finger print cards and photo ID information. It was an easy deal. Mine is an individual , however.

Are you wanting to convert an existing rifle to an SBR or purchase a new one?

Brad
View Quote
Im going to buy a new one.  That way ill end up with a couple mutants.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know of someone who does a Trust near Council Bluffs or Glenwood?
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I now suddenly want a FN scar 16 with a 10" barrel and suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone know of someone who does a Trust near Council Bluffs or Glenwood?
View Quote
i'd definitely consider Whitaker Hagenow & Gustoff...  they represent NRA, IFC, me personally, my company, etc.  their areas of specific interest are estate planning and 2A virtues.  the lady specifically you need to talk to would be Janet Gustafson.  She's fantastic...

Here you go:  Janet Gustafson

tell her michael sent you...  ;)
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top