Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2017 12:08:34 PM EDT
I will be coming down with a buddy Thursday - Sunday, I've looked up the CCW laws for Iowa and seem to be pretty on track to Nebraska's. Any other specific useful information I should know traveling to Des Moines from Omaha? One thing I couldn't find was if I had a duty to inform, if I am pulled over. Also do no gun signs hold the letter of the law?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
No duty to inform if stopped, tho most consider it the polite thing to do.  Signs mean nothing.  If they see you are carrying they can ask you to leave.  If you refuse they could pursue a trespassing charge on you.  I've never heard of it being done.

Gunshow at the Fairgrounds this weekend, generally pretty decent.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Enjoy your visit and become a Hawkeye fan.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:21:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately I will be busy all weekend otherwise a gun show would be fun to go to.

How about some good pizza/burger/beer joints around the airport area? Anywhere noteworthy?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unfortunately I will be busy all weekend otherwise a gun show would be fun to go to.

How about some good pizza/burger/beer joints around the airport area? Anywhere noteworthy?
View Quote
Francies Bar and Grill is great. It is less than a mile north of airport on Fleur.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Skips is in the same area.  Otherwise the airport area is not prime dining.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Francies is good but another place is Nick's Tenderloin on Army Post Road a mile or so east of the airport intersection of Fleur and Army Post Road.  The Airport Holiday Inn is just north of that intersection.  Nick's tenderloins are very big and thick as are their onion rings!

Downtown there is Fuzzy's Tacos, a pizza place right next to Fuzzy's that has "fire grilled" pizza or something like that, High Life Lounge serves old beer brands and has great food and is adjacent to El Bait Shop that has over 100 different beers on tap, Royal Mile is like an English pub on the inside and has good food and is located on 4th street off Court Avenue, although I've never been there Hessen Haus is supposed to have good German food and beers as well.  Hope this helps.
View Quote
Hessen is good.  If you go downtown or east village you open up dozens of possibilities.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top