User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
booger and strongarm both stood in my shop the day before yesterday with arms folded staring daggers at me until i checked my calendar for some dates.  i tossed out some for july, and the tension eased.

stay tuned.  it sounds like booger will consult the war dept. and advise...  
View Quote
Well, we're waiting.......................
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
For the members who were interested, I checked the Wells Fargo osprey cam. Looks like they have eggs, so there are birds there. Hoping to make it down a week or so after eggs hatch-at that point the young will be established enough that there will be more fishing activity around the nest. I'm thinking this year I'll watch weather and take a screw you day. "Hello Boss, I'm not coming in today because screw you, that's why."
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Tentatively planning to head to the Wells Fargo osprey nest June 9(Friday). Will post a followup that Thursday if we end up going, anyone interested welcome.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tentatively planning to head to the Wells Fargo osprey nest June 9(Friday). Will post a followup that Thursday if we end up going, anyone interested welcome.
View Quote
I'm likely in for a Friday meet up to check out the nest! Just let me know what time, and I should be able to make it!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Where is this nest y'all are talking about?

I work downtown and I keep seeing these huge birds circling and landing on the 801 Grand building. I don't see them flying/landing on others around.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where is this nest y'all are talking about?

I work downtown and I keep seeing these huge birds circling and landing on the 801 Grand building. I don't see them flying/landing on others around.
View Quote
Wells Fargo Jordan Creek. The ospreys are in between a bald eagle and red tailed hawk in size. Won't be making it there this week-forecast looks like it's supposed to be cloudy and a chance of thunderstorms so lousy light for photos. Here's a link to the nest cam
osprey nest

Found out about the nest 2 years ago. Wife's youngest sister graduated college, and the family ate at Joe's crab Shack. I just happened to glance out the windo at the right time, and one of the ospreys took a big goldfish out of the pond.  I believe there's another nest on Army Post Road but don't think it's as accessible for photos(could be wrong on that one though).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top