Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2017 11:47:01 PM EDT
There are several names on here from IA. Anyone here know them or a good reason to color in the dot next to their names?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't know a lot about any of the candidates, I would suggest voting for Adam Kraut. Check his site out ...

http://www.adamkraut.com
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be voting for Lance Olson. I will not be voting for Clel Baudler.

It's before my time with IFC, but in the years leading up to the passage of Shall Issue in 2010 I've been told that Clel - a GOP State Representative - caused a lot of headaches because he (a retired LEO) fought to keep sheriff's control - aka May Issue - over the permitting process. That's not gospel, but I've heard it brought up enough over the last couple of years to give me pause. To be fair, since then I haven't heard of Clel causing any problems in regards to 2A issues in Iowa. But personally Shall Issue is a big deal and I feel that it's a pretty solid bellwether. Hopefully Septic or some of the original Iowa Carry guys will chime in and provide some better context.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
That is how I remember it. Clel definitely needs to go.

What month are the magazines with those ballots coming? I normally recycle without looking at the magazines much.  I hope I haven't thrown out me and my wife's ballots.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is how I remember it. Clel definitely needs to go.

What month are the magazines with those ballots coming? I normally recycle without looking at the magazines much.  I hope I haven't thrown out me and my wife's ballots.
View Quote

Got mine last week. If you've already recycled it, it's worth calling to see how to get another ballot.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
His profile says that Lance is a current Board Member, but I don't think that is accurate. He didn't get re elected last year.

He is a solid 2A supporter, but I have found him unresponsive to questions/ inquiries. I've never contacted Clel but have heard the stories above for years.

There are plenty of good candidates to choose from...
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Baudler is f-cking senile.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a few Arfcommer's on the ballot. Remember, only vote for the people you actually want. Just because you can vote for 26, doesn't mean you have to vote for everyone who you think would do good. That will dilute the vote pool for the candidates you truly want. More info here.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1958598_Be-sure-to-support-Nolo--Supermoose--and-Sean-Maloney-on-your-NRA-BoD-ballot.html
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top