Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2016 4:33:56 PM EDT
I will be heading to Wells Fargo Arena for a show and I don't recall if it was posted no weapons the last time I was there.  Am I going to be searched/pat down?  Good to go with my permit?
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends event to event is the common consensus.  I went to Event Center for the Food and Wine Expo, there is permanent signage that says no weapons, with notation that it includes weapons permits.  I carried and never had a problem.  Garth Concert they were wanding, but not efficiently and I was able to get around their efforts just because it was a clusterf*#K.  I don't go often but here in the IA HTF there are a couple other threads about this topic.  It appears they have dropped into the archive, but it is probably easily found by searching. There is a strong argument since it is a public building, they cannot restrict, but I wouldn't want to be the test case.

http://www.iowaeventscenter.com/plan-your-visit/event-policies-faq  Look in the Prohibited Items section, it says they will just tell you to take it out to your vehicle if discovered, but if you get an overly excited usher/security, who knows how it will go.

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link. I wasn't getting that page. Guessing I'll be a good little sheep and see what security is like. Hopefully we can get these gray zones removed or at least better definition.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I carried my Shield in an ankle holster no issue at garth Brooks concert.

ETA: they don't even wand all the way to the knees.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I work there and posted a detailed response to this question asked several weeks ago. I'm sure if you searched on my name you will find it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I work there and posted a detailed response to this question asked several weeks ago. I'm sure if you searched on my name you will find it.
View Quote

Since that thread is off in archives, here's your post from it.

I wish I had seen this earlier....

I work at WFA as an usher. They started wanding at all events except for the HS tournaments last fall. They wand the employee's as well and I have never been prevented from getting in whether working or not.

First off I think it's mostly for show. They few times I had to take tickets the wands are beeping like crazy. Very rarely do I see them double check why it beeped. I'm pretty convinced I could carry in an AR stuffed down my pants and not get caught.

Here's what I do. Carry everything center line behind your belt buckle. Move it to your normal location once your in. That way if you do have someone ask to you to show you can lift your shirt just to your buckle. I carry my Shield there and also have a fixed blade knife behind my belt. never a problem. At the beginning it was no knifes at all, but that has changed to a folder 3" or less is fine. I've pulled my folder out in full view every time and they do not say anything.
Enter at the busiest time. If your first or last in they might take more time. But when there is a line, they just want to move people through.

If you have a small child, carry them. I have not seen anyone ask to put the kid down. They just wand around them. Also try to go for the young or the old. Young just don't care and the old are just to old to do a good job. Same deal with women as they are less likely to want to cause a scene. Although there is one gal with short, red hair that is a real bitch and she wands very thoroughly. Avoid her as she is most likely to give you flack. Even more so than the head guys who wear black shirts.
I've never seen them go below the knees. Even the head guys don't go below knees.

hope that helps.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top