Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2016 10:28:04 PM EDT
I am writing this from the bean-bag chair in my safe space whilst sipping my vente soy-grande frapemachiado latte mocha and playing with my crayons. I am so triggered. I was sure that Hillary would win. I was so certain. I needed her to win. Now that she has lost I’m having trouble deciding the direction of my future. I really, really feel like I need to buy a gun to celebrate, but I just CANNOT decide which one.

There are so many that I want.

Should I get a handgun, a rifle, a shotgun… I just don’t know.

If I decide to get a handgun, do I get the 1911A1 I want or the HK45? I’ve always wanted a reproduction .44 Colt-Walker cap and ball, I could get one of them.

What about a shotgun? Want me a Versa Max. Or a Stoeger Coach gun.

Oh, and rifles. Cripes. Things on my list include a Henry Golden Boy and a Ruger American Rimfire. A precision rifle of some sort. Maybe a .22 AR-ish rifle. Or a dedicated .22LR upper. A SPR upper? Maybe. Always wanted a Colt A2 as close legally to the A2 I was issued. I’d like a match upper also; maybe White Oak. Also back to black powder, a flint-lock Kentucky long rifle. I love the smell of real black powder in the morning. It smells like… black powder.

Or I could get the rest of what I need to start reloading. Or so AR500 steel targets.

I just can’t make up my mind.
DAMN YOU HILLARY FOR LOSING! If you’d have won, I would be experiencing this cognitive dissonance.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
That was great!

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a new BCM Jack Carbine, big box of ammo, and ten pack of mags show up on election day. I felt a little silly the next day. Silly with a sweet new AR!
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:12:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Hell I've been stocking up for a fooking year. One hell of a relief!
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Let us know when you start crying in the fetal position and you might get a group hug in your safe space.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
SOB! I had actually intended on including that EXACT thing, but in a corner of my safe space and forgot it.
Was also going to include maybe getting a suppressor as an option but forgot that too.
Damn it.
I think I'm going to encourage ar15.com to include a posting option wherein someone can "kind of" post a post but just for themselves so they can have a look over it before they actually post it publicly.
Maybe call it "Aheadview" or some such.

Edit to add: Was also going to say that I was thinking of standing out in the street to protest but figured most people in Rockford would probably think I was just off my meds again.
Freakin' old age.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a new BCM Jack Carbine, big box of ammo, and ten pack of mags show up on election day. I felt a little silly the next day. Silly with a sweet new AR!
View Quote

Key phrase now highlighted.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SOB! I had actually intended on including that EXACT thing, but in a corner of my safe space and forgot it.
Was also going to include maybe getting a suppressor as an option but forgot that too.
Damn it.
I think I'm going to encourage ar15.com to include a posting option wherein someone can "kind of" post a post but just for themselves so they can have a look over it before they actually post it publicly.

Edit to add: Was also going to say that I was thinking of standing out in the street to protest but figured most people in Rockford would probably think I was just off my meds again.
Freakin' old age.
View Quote

You mean like the Preview button that is right next the Submit button.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn it.

Freakin' old age.

Maybe aheadview was some sort of time machine he was thinking of.  That's what happen when he is off his meds, which he is. I will call the sheriff. Dibs on his guns
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Pfffffft, LOL.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Maybe aheadview was some sort of time machine he was thinking of.  That's what happen when he is off his meds, which he is. I will call the sheriff. Dibs on his guns
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn it.

Freakin' old age.

I don't gots no guns.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Guess it was a Springfield USGI 1911A1.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#12]
That will fit nicely in my collection when you get arrested.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That will fit nicely in my collection when you get arrested.
View Quote

I'm telling them you taught me everything I know, so you'll be right there with me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally just got it out for a quick test shooting using remanned ammo.
I have 5 magazines; 1 that came with it and four that were going to be thrown away when our Guard unit transitioned from .45 to 9mm so I liberated them. (with permission)
The one that came with it functioned flawlessly.
One of the surplus ones looks like the feedlips are bad, but it too functioned flawlessly.
The other three, that all look good, all malfunctioned.
Mags aren't all that expensive so think I will shitcan the 4 surplus ones and just get new Springfield mags; Midway USA has then reasonably.
Don't know how it shot as it is after dark and the snow is flying.
Have to shoot at something other than a cut corn field next time.
I do think I will be happy with my M1911A1.
Of course, now I want a fancier 1911.
DAMN YOU HRC!!!
I guess we'll go Forward Together in my 1911 journey.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I am at a loss for words right now.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top