BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2016 1:05:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am thinking of visiting my Father and Sister in Cedar Falls and maybe get some trigger time while I'm there I haven't been to Black Hawk in like 7 years is 50bmg allowed? If not is there another range in the waterloo area where 50bmg is allowed?
View Quote

I have shot mine there. It was not open yet last weekend however, due to the flooding I think.
Not sure if it's open yet or not.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am thinking of visiting my Father and Sister in Cedar Falls and maybe get some trigger time while I'm there I haven't been to Black Hawk in like 7 years is 50bmg allowed? If not is there another range in the waterloo area where 50bmg is allowed?
View Quote

I cant say about blackhawk range, but If i had a better backstop we could do 50 at my place up to a mile but the terrain does not leave much for backstop hope you find a area.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want to come an hour farther north the Bonair range outside of Cresco might be an option. Got the rules in front of me, don't see anything against it but considering how some feel about .50's a call to Howard County Conservation to confirm can't hurt. Range only goes to 200 yards but it's a nice place to shoot-clean and I've only seen other people there once. They do require registration(free and amounts to a liability waiver and agreement to follow the rules).

If allowed and you go look me up, maybe I'll buy a box of ammo and join you.

ETA-got a response from Howard County-.50BMG is a no at Bonair.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top