Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 10/1/2016 9:58:48 PM EDT
Sitting in the deer blind this morning I had a lot of wood ducks swimming by and started wondering-found several references to it being legal in other states on google, can't find anything listed for IA. All I can find listed is nontoxic shot required, and the typical specific items you're not allowed to use-shotgun over 10 gauge, trap, punt gun etc. it didn't say you CAN"T shoot them with a bow, but it didn't say you can either.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had gotten quick responses from e mailing the IDNR
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#2]
You will get an even quicker one if you give your local CO a call.  My experience is that they have been very helpful.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Law%20Enforcement/dnrlemap.pdf
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will get an even quicker one if you give your local CO a call.  My experience is that they have been very helpful.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Law%20Enforcement/dnrlemap.pdf
View Quote

I'll probably end up doing that-they were back again this morning-if I get a deer tomorrow I'll just go to the same place with my shotgun the next day.

ETA-I'm a dumbass, forgot about duck season being split. Got to wait til the 15th now.

Just got a response from DNR. All other things being legal(in season, duck stamps, etc) it IS legal to use a bow for ducks. It is not legal to use a crossbow.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out Tim Wells Duck Hunts on you tube
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top